Thread: How to update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for Sony Xperia neo V

How to update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for Sony Xperia neo V

I buy this Sony Xperia neo V smartphone in last month and now I want to update the android version to its 2.3.4 latest version. I am waiting some excellent replies that work to do this update task on easiest way. Hence please help me to do this task. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for Sony Xperia neo V

Sony Ericsson has presently broadcast the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update for the 2011 Xperia lineup and Sony Xperia neo V is the initial mobile phone that capable to easily run this 2.3.4 android version. I think if you want to update your OS to this then you need to go to the official site of this Sony Xperia and then download the finest and compatible version onto your system. I am sure that this will be work to fix your issue.

If you download this version then you get five different folders. In that folder you need to open the Firmwares folder. This folder shows you the firmware file. You need to open the file and then new dialog box is open. Then select the X10FlashTool application and next is to be hit the Falsh option. Finally choose the OK button. After installing this flashtool file you can get the result of that the android 2.3.4 gingerbread on your Sony Xperia neo v smartphone.

Make sure you backup everything before doing this update task. Sometimes, this update failure happens because choosing some unsuitable support file. In that case, we need to use the previous setting of this mobile OS. Hence I think this is necessary to do this task for avoiding any future problem.

The Android 2.3.4 update contains few features and they are as follows:
    • Compatible with USB mouse, keyboard or game controller type of peripherals
    • Video Chat with front-facing cameras on Google Talk
    • 3D sweep panorama facility
    • Offers mobile phone text pad to input text by swiping finger from one letter to subsequently
    • Included screen capture help to take and share screen capture
    • Improved Facebook application

Hence I think this is the best android version that works great on this mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    The Android 2.3.4 update contains few features and they are as follows:
    • Compatible with USB mouse, keyboard or game controller type of peripherals
    • Video Chat with front-facing cameras on Google Talk
    • 3D sweep panorama facility
    • Offers mobile phone text pad to input text by swiping finger from one letter to subsequently
    • Included screen capture help to take and share screen capture
    • Improved Facebook application

Hence I think this is the best android version that works great on this mobile phone.
    The above mentioned features have been additional to this OS and one of the best things here is that this all are functioning well if you properly do this update task on it. The best way to do this update is being use the link preset on the official site but few of the third party sites also provide such type of facility. You need to perform the downloading task using the correct link present on that type of secure site.

I try this downloading task using such third party site but it goes failure. At that time downloading starts but at the middle it goes failure. I don’t know the reason but I need the perfect way that works to fix this issue. Also please suggest me that there are so many sites provide the executable type of files for this installation. Can I use such files for installation? Help me about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecchumati View Post
    I try this downloading task using such third party site but it goes failure. At that time downloading starts but at the middle it goes failure. I don’t know the reason but I need the perfect way that works to fix this issue. Also please suggest me that there are so many sites provide the executable type of files for this installation. Can I use such files for installation? Help me about this issue.
    In this case, you need to choose the official site for downloading such update file of the mobile OS. You can easily get this version onto the Sony Xperia official site. Then use this link and perform the downloading task. it works most of the time.

I have experience about such issue and I must say that there is need to disable all the security program of the mobile phone. The reason is simple in that these programs avoid risky downloading task. Hence use this technique and perform downloading task. Also one thing remembers that avoid executable files for this installation. This file is specially built for specific type of system. If the configuration of the selected system is different then it gives problem. In few rare cases, it works. Hence I think you need to avoid such files.

Thanks for your valuable reply. I try this solution on my system and one thing that this will be work for me. Especially the file present on the official site will be giving me the proper instructions to do this update mobile OS task. In that situation such update file works well on my Sony Xperia neo V smartphone.