Thread: Did Lenovo using 2nd hand parts of laptop for customer service?

Did Lenovo using 2nd hand parts of laptop for customer service?

Fine at this time I am once more typing this from my T-61 with its original fault free motherboard (I hope) paid for out of my personal pocket of course. I took it to the shop and 2 hours later it was finished. I am totally livid although, for I create out that when my previous motherboard went dead due to "nvidia imperfection" that Lenovo Service Center not only put a recognized defected main board back in my computer, they also determined to bless me with a "2nd hand" main board as well. They forgot to pull the "serviceable used part" tag off of the board!!!! What kind of slip-shod business is this!!!!! Please correct me if I am wrong, but is it Lenovo policy to use "2nd hand" used parts on their warranty service customers!!

re: Did Lenovo using 2nd hand parts of laptop for customer service?

There is no new main part still being twisted for these laptops, so they are typically all refurbish parts (which is tested). Did the repair storehouse tell you otherwise? Most of the ThinkPad laptop that I got that essential motherboard substitute after 2 years of purchase has all got a refurbish motherboard on it. Yet LCD, Optical drive, etc are refurbished and reused. But obviously, the warehouse should blame you correct to make use of these parts. They are not allowable to take the sticker off and pass off the part as new.

No one is protecting Lenovo as such, but slightly pointing out a recognized fact concerning the use of refurbished part in older Thinkpads.I don't think anybody here is saying or defending the follow of using a motherboard with a potentially faulty GPU as the substitute product. Putting words in other people's mouth is not going to get you anywhere.

Well, the initial motherboard was replace after the computer was only 20 months old and at rest below guarantee, so I have to be skeptical that they weren’t at a standstill produce these motherboards and the second motherboard was just replace today out of pocket, and it is new. The date on the Nvidia chip is 1033-A2, I appreciate that probably isn't the time the motherboard was produced, I would have to check into that one, but that at a halt begs the question: why did they intentionally put a faulty board back in my computer?? This has been an identified issue among PC makers since November 2007. My previous motherboard was replaced beneath warranty in August 2009???? Sorry, I'm not exchange it! Thanks for the reply I be grateful for it, just a bit pod’s at the moment.

Fair sufficient about the "refurbish parts" bit in the guarantee. I haven't read the warranty since I purchase the machine and it is pointless to do so now, but for sure you cannot protect Lenovo for put a known defective board back into my machine. The date on the chip on the original replacement board was 0730-A2. This has been an issue amongst computer manufacturer since Nov. 2007 and my board was replace the first time in Aug. 2009? What they did was incorrect any way you slice it! I'll leave it at that and I do not accept this as a solution!

Re: Did Lenovo using 2nd hand parts of laptop for customer service?

When the service center asks you to go away your computer with them for 4 days, how can recognize what they put back in it until something goes bad with it once more like extract did? That's why I am not so happy about this. I wonder why Lenovo isn't trying to take care of their customers with this issue like other computer manufactures are. HP, Dell, Apple, Sony to name a few have all fesses up about using defective nvidia chips in their computers, and are trying to help people that are affected by this. I guess that’s what a class action lawsuit will do for you; maybe Lenovo is next.