Thread: On Blackberry Curve 9360 Email, Facebook, and GPS is not working

On Blackberry Curve 9360 Email, Facebook, and GPS is not working

Hi, recently I have upgraded from the Blackberry Curve 8520 to the new Blackberry Curve 9360 before few days. While doing this upgrade I was really very happy to get the new phone instead of the old one. But while using this mobile I can say you that I am having the so many of the problem related with the email accounts, Facebook, & GPS. In the previous mobile this all was working very fine but they all are not working in this cause. Any suggestion in this cause to get working them all back.

Re: On Blackberry Curve 9360 Email, Facebook, and GPS is not working

I have the suggestion in this cause which is given as follows:

• remove the battery a few seconds and then again reinsert the battery to reboot.
    • No data outage has been information, yours could a local problem, or an issue of communicating with the network, which the reboot will fix.
    • And for fixing the GPS issue, I will suggest you to do the following setting in your phone:
    • Before you proceed, make confirm that you are in the area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings, if yes then you can follow the setting as
    • Click Options > Advanced > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS.
    • And then give this 10 minutes, and try 2-3 times in a row.

After this all, I am sure that this all will help you to resolve the GPS problem. Reply back me for this.

Thanks dude, for that. But in the starting of the thread I have said that I am having the problem related with the email accounts, Facebook, & GPS and in the reply I can see that you all are suggesting me only about the GPS and Email accounts, not for the Facebook. Please suggest me for that also.

For that reason I think that you will need to do the steps which are as:

• First go to Options
    • And then go for Select Advanced Options
    • And Select Host Routing Table
    • Select menu, then 'Register Now'
    • With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Friends, I am also using the blackberry curve and with this I get the same problem. In my cause I can say here that I am having the problem related with the email. Before few days my Email was working and now I can say that in my phone email just stopped coming in, what is this? I am sure that I have not changed the setting in this cause. I have also tried with removing the battery life and then Tried the standard turning off and on. Bu this also not worked in my cause. Any suggestion in this cause?

In this cause I can suggest you that if you are facing this problem then you will need to contact with your carrier and then try to ask them to remove the provisioning. And also make sure that you are able to send the Emails and not able to receive the Emails. Then only it will help you to resolve your problem.

Let me tell you that, I am having US Cellular service provider not the Alltel, so for that reason I am not sure here that Alltel would have any type of lock on my GPS service. And also for that reason I am not sure here that I will able to subscribe to Alltel's navigation service because they are not my service provider. Please correct me if I am incorrect and Alltel is someway related to the GPS of my BB. An also here I can say that you are right that BB does not have the refresh GPS option available.

Make sure that you have your GPS turned on, and then click Advanced Options in the device options and then :
    • Click GPS.
    • Change the GPS Services field to Location On.
    • Press the Menu key.
    • Click Save.

For that I think that you will need to make sure that you are in the good signal coverage area, and you are getting the signal very clear. And aftre making sure about this all things you will need to do the setting as follows:
    Options > Advanced > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS.
    As suggested in the above one post.

Hey all, thanks for replying me for that all reason. I am trying with this all and hope that they all will help me in this cause. If I will get any problem over here then I will reply here back.

dude, I am also having the new Blackberry Curve 9360 and with my handset I am having the same problem that Email, Facebook, and GPS are not working. For that reason I have also searched on the so many of the forums but no where I found the suggestion about this, after reaching on this forum, I see the same thread over here and in this thread I see that you have get your problem resolve so I also tried with that all suggestion but after this I found that this all are not working or me. How this all worked in your cause? Please reply me back for that.