Thread: TELUS Radio Off in Blackberry curve 9360

TELUS Radio Off in Blackberry curve 9360

Recently I have buy the new Blackberry curve 9360 from the TELUS and in this phone I have also tried with using the BBM. Still, I am having the problem in this phone and the problem is that I am not able to send the messages or add PIN numbers. My version for BBM is 6.0.0.125. So for that reason I am thinking that I have update the app. Since I don't have a data plan. When I go to download it, it does the BlackBerry App World system check. I have the plug-in installed, but the next step is my difficulty. When I choose the device to attach, it pop up saying "Device Radio Is Off." ALL of my connections are on (Mobile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC) yet it doesn't make out. I took the battery out like I've read but still nothing. What can I do to download the app again OR at least get BBM to work?

Re: TELUS Radio Off in Blackberry curve 9360

I can say here that the radio in your TELUS Mike BlackBerry Smartphone is essential to its operation. The radio is what connects your device to the cellular network. And also this helps to send and receive messages, place and accept phone calls and use the browser to navigate the Internet. The radio will sometimes stop to function if the batter is very low, and without the radio turned on, your phone's usefulness will be severely degraded. Turning the radio back on can be done only if you are having some steps. That steps you can also get from the user manuals.

Hey, here I am having the steps for doing the radio back on manually, I am not sure that this all will help in your cause or not but at least you can try with this all. For that reason:
    • For that you will need to remove the battery first and then leave the battery out for thirty seconds. Reinsert the battery and replace the battery cover.
    • And then press and hold the Power/Disconnect button on the BlackBerry to power it on. And then try to make a call. If the call goes through, the radio has reset itself. If not, continue to Step which are given as follows.
    • After doing this all things In the connections menu, scroll to "Radio" and ensure that there is a green checkmark next to that selection. If there is not, check it.

Try with this steps and if this not worked in your cause then reply me, I will try to suggest you other steps for resolving this cause.

I think that you are facing this problem because if there is low battery in your BlackBerry curve then radio connection will also automatically disconnect. And after this I think that if you have the latest BlackBerry curve operating system and you still have problem with your radio connection, charge your phone to full capacity. I am sure that this will really help you in this cause.

For that reason I think that you will need to download the most present BlackBerry operating system for your BlackBerry curve from your mobile service provider website to your computer and then Right click on the downloaded file if it's in Zip file form and click Extract all. After doing this all things, I will suggest you to power up your BlackBerry Pearl and connect it to your computer using the USB cable which is there with the with the box of your phone. And then try to open BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer if it doesn't open automatically when you connect the BlackBerry curve. And then open the Application Loader from the home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. After this Click Start to open the Update Software application. And then try to open the radio on your phone; hope that at this time this will get working.

In that cause I think t hat radio setting on the BlackBerry curve refers to the connection to your mobile network to make calls or receive text messages. And also let me tell you that if you are using unstable radio station in your BlackBerry curve then this will reasons the radio link to turn off for no plain reason. This problem can be solved by using the newest operating system for your phone.

For that reason I think that you will need to contact with the service provider of your mobile. I am suggesting to contact with them because they will give you the unique unlock code to your handset free of charge if you get together their individual rules. And also if you are not getting that rules then you can also buy your unlock code from an online seller specializing in unlocking Smartphone’s. I have read this all things from the official site of the BlackBerry and they told me this all things, and they also told me that RIM Blackberry use service books and also it uses the configuration settings for each of its applications, to run on a mobile network. They can often send them manually to your phone through the system. Here I know that this is not the setting for making your radio to work back but I am suggesting you this all things so that you will get the proper information while you are setting all the things.

Thanks friends, great steps, I tried with all the steps and they are really working for me. Now I can use the radio on my Smartphone. If I will ]get some problem again then I will contact here back for getting resolve this problem.

I was also having the TELUS radio problem in my Blackberry curve 9360 and after searching on the so many of the other forums I came here and see that you are having the same problem as I am having and you have also suggested here that you get resolve your problem. So I tried with this step but after trying I came to know that they are not working for me. So can you please reply me back that how you came to resolve your problem?