Thread: HTC Amaze 4G not charging through USB

HTC Amaze 4G not charging through USB

Hi, I have recently purchased a mobile that’s HTC Amaze 4G and having problem with the phone as when I try to get it charge through the normal charger it perfectly charges but when I attach it to computer USB charging is not working, don’t know what could be the problem but still I have tried my best in order to get it charge with each and every mode. I am not sure what could be problem but when I was searching any solution on internet didn’t got any and because of that only I am not able to figure out what could be the problem. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: HTC Amaze 4G not charging through USB

This scrupulous phone may require the whole 500mA of current that USB ports are supposed to competent of supplying. The error on the PC may be because while the phone connects, and tells the computer that it needs 500mA of current, one of three things happens:

• The computer refuses and throws an error.
    • The computer said yes, but while the phone really tries to draw the current, the hardware of the computer can't supply it.
    • The Amaze doesn't ask if it's okay to draw 500mA to which the PC may react no, and just starts depicting the current, causing a hardware liability on the computer.

anyways you should try to install the PC companion in your PC and then try to connect the phone with the machine and then see what happens.

Have you tried to charge the mobile through another machine? Because it might be possible that your PC’s USB port is screwed up and is outputting insufficient current to charge the device. And as I am suggesting you this because through that you can figure out whether there is some real problem with you mobile or with you computers USB, you should try to connect your mobile with anther computer and see whether the same thing is happening that means there is some problem with mobile’s hardware or else with your machine.

I think you should try to reset the firmware of your mobile, I am not sure about this but still after resetting the firmware I have seen many people gotten solution for various problem and they were resolved as well. Thus I would like to suggest you the same to reset the firmware first. I hope you must be aware about the resetting process, there are two ways through which you can do this, I mean to say there is a soft reset which will delete all the settings from your mobile and will restore the original one, and another one is hard resetting which will delete almost everything from the mobile, thus it is always recommended to keep back up of crucial data from the mobile.

And if suppose your are still having same problem with the mobile than you can try to update the firmware of you mobile as well, you can either install the same operating system which is installed currently or simply try another rather latest one.

Are you sure that you are having perfect cord for your mobile? Because see if you are using any other data cable then I would say you should try to connect the mobile with the original data cable only rather than the other one, and moreover to this if you are using original data cable then you should try to make sure whether the one you are using is working perfectly or not. Or as mentioned above same as trying with another port you should try to connect the mobile with another data cable and then see what happens.

I have tried the way you have mentioned but still no luck, and the only thing that I can be sure about is like the battery is working perfectly or else how it would charge with normal charger, am I making sense? Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

I think you should try to visit the service center first and let them observe the mobile because it seems that there could be any problem with the device, I mean to say not only with the software but there could be some problem with the hardware as well. Thus as you visit the service center you’ll surely get some idea about the defect in your phone, and off course if it would be a company defect then you may get proper replacement as well for the device or some repairing would be done, but the only surest thing that I could promise is like the defect would be vanished for sure.