Thread: Does HTC Amaze 4G contain 1GB RAM

Does HTC Amaze 4G contain 1GB RAM

Yesterday when I was reading the review of this phone it shows me that 500MB on Amaze, whilst on YouTube Samsung Galaxy S2 shows around 900MB. Together phones are believed to have an equivalent quantity of RAM so why the enormous dissimilarity? Furthermore, the full analysis shows a score of approximately 3800 points, whilst SGS2s go equal to 5400, does that indicate that Amaze by default is considerably slower than Samsung?

Re: Does HTC Amaze 4G contain 1GB RAM

There are many factors that determine the general ergonomics of a device, but since we have separated the performance evaluation, display and audio, we can more easily evaluate the ergonomics of use. Among these, Sensation is definitely the best, mainly thanks to the Sense 3.0 that offers considerable advantages from the lock screen interactive, the allocation of RAM and a balanced body that will not overheat during use - at least not as much as the other two contenders.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the Galaxy S2 reception and display, is because, for example, the AMOLED display of Omnia 7 in my opinion, well after it is not, because you can make with white background small dots (I could at least last month at Saturn) and the colors are really bright. In addition, you can hear at Samsung smart phone several times that the receiver should not be so good at what HTC is just pretty good. However, I shy away from the CPU and less memory on the HTC.

The SGS2 is super fast, we know only through the benchmarks all still not at all designed to support dual cores are from HTC.

Besides the processor, they all start with the similarity of having android blood running through his veins, dividing screens between 4 and 4.3 inches, a battery from 1500 mAh and a sharp multimedia vocation (in short, always desirable qualities, many of which will probably end up shaping the future smartphones). Of course, specifications are not everything, because a significant portion lies with the software version running or the user's personal preferences.

That should be all represent small problems, because Android has a very good memory management, which works differently than a computer, do not forget that.

Well, multitasking has little to do with memory management, because at the same time using Android not simply a program can take resources.

A scenario that often occurs to me: I run a podcast in the background (live from the network), while surfing the net on a page with Flash. Since all single-core devices into a sweat.

What impressed the GalaxyS2 that it has no hangers in the browser. Whether you run and zoomed video, flash works, it is always liquid. Impressive, that's even on the LG 2x still not.

If two ongoing programs already use the memory then the memory management benefits simply nothing, that's the point, since Android's memory management also helps nothing.

And a sweat today's single-cores come from two reasons, the processor is so busy that he was using Flash for more concurrent programs is not enough air, and when running memory-intensive things you also get 512MB Ram full.

Of course the 80% of users should not worry; most are not using their smartphones intense enough. But for the heavy user is already in need of improvement.

And no, it has 1GB Ram SGS2, of which about 800MB usable. I think you have now once you take a little time and you deal with the SGS2 before you continue posting comments on it, does not mean any harm.

What I also find it a disadvantage to the HTC desire is that the memory on the phone is very small. You can only very limited programs on your SD card. I hope they are there at the HTC have taken into account. Nothing more irritating than your phone to be busy, and having to read that your memory is full and you got nothing.

Ram numbers do have an effect on performance.. The more apps running inside the background the additional of those 500 otherwise anything it’s being employ by apps. While it gets short you noticed performance lag...the GS2 does contain added yes.