Thread: Features of OS 6.1 Lite in BlackBerry device

Features of OS 6.1 Lite in BlackBerry device

I was just wondering when I first saw this new OS was a bit confused about this I would really like to know about this new OS 6.1 lite is it only for the new device What precisely does is OS 6.1 Lite? Is it dissimilar than the all other of the OS 6.1 on Bold Touch, Torch 2 and the another can anyone here can tel me about this I would really like to know about this please comment on this guys

Re: Features of OS 6.1 Lite in BlackBerry device

Yeah now that you have mention about it in this forum I would like to say that I have also had some research on this OS and found out that this os does not comes with the BlackBerry touch screen phones so I am guessing that the lite refers that this OS does not support the all functionality like in this case touch on tha BlackBerry device but I am not 100% certain about this

Hi guys I am just passing by I actually like to know that is it possible to update the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 with OS 6.1 Lite update. When I have mad research on this matter I have found the controversial yes and no answer so anyone here has any idea about this stuff I would really like to know about this

I consider it was going to be short of a few features from the all other OS 6.1 edition. Well. I believe there's a probability that 6.1 lite will build it into several older handset for example the Bold 9780 and Pearl 9100 which has the processor in the not Curve is fundamentally an over clocked edition of what RIM has be by means of The devices that are on present market may be capable to run OS 6.1 lite are the one that contain 512mb but I am not sure , as the torch 9800 is receiving the OS 6.1 lite which has similar previous processor as my 9000 , 9700,although with 512mb which means so as to the 9650,9100,9105, 9780 are also able of operational 6.1 too. I may be incorrect, . but if that's the case then I will still be considering in buying the new Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Gajagamini View Post
    Hi guys I am just passing by I actually like to know that is it possible to update the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 with OS 6.1 Lite update. When I have mad research on this matter I have found the controversial yes and no answer so anyone here has any idea about this stuff I would really like to know about this
    As far as I know the OS 6.1 lite has been release as the OS 7 it will not be available on the 9300 infact the ROM has already stated that they will not backward port the OS7 to older devices tough luck man as may of the user here stating it has less feature I am not sure that they all are correct as RIM have definite that OS7 will only be accessible on the fresh phone

Quote Originally Posted by Gajagamini View Post
    As far as I know the OS 6.1 lite has been release as the OS 7 it will not be available on the 9300 infact the ROM has already stated that they will not backward port the OS7 to older devices tough luck man as may of the user here stating it has less feature I am not sure that they all are correct as RIM have definite that OS7 will only be accessible on the fresh phone

Yeah you are definitely right I'm not certain what you signify by a "lite" edition but RIM have definite that OS7 will only be accessible on the new handsets. I consideration the 6.1 Lite and 6.1 doesn't have at all differences apart from the 6.1 Lite which is non-touch respond able.

I have done some research on this and found out that RIM has launched OS 7 and it seems that there will be an OS 6.1 lite in the next to future for the older models.

Not certain what OS 6.1 lite has apart from its meant to be a thin down edition of OS 7 for instance no NFC etc

RIM have said that OS7 will merely be accessible on fresh handsets. They might make public updated OS's for earlier handsets to rectify bugs etc. they do make public one more OS update as I don't wish to buy a fresh blackberry at present . But I am certainly akin to be familiar with anything particularly going wrong on your existing handset running OS6

I have saw on the internet that BlackBerry Curve Sedona is categorized in the list og the device that would be running on th OS 6.1 lite Any suggestion what this signifies? I anticipate that it presently state that it's OS 6.1 built for non-touch, and not so as to any major features have be removed .