Thread: WIFi remains connected in blackberry curve 9360 but gives error while browsing internet

WIFi remains connected in blackberry curve 9360 but gives error while browsing internet

Hey i recently purchased a blackberry curve 9360. I have not been able to connect to my home WIFI which is protected as well as a free wifi hotspot at my university. And the wost thing over here is like it says i am connected to wifi, however, i cannot open a website on my browser. Because it is not actually connected. Whenever I try the same the browser gives me the following error "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. if the problem persists please contact your service provider". Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.
    Please help.

Re: WIFi remains connected in blackberry curve 9360 but gives error while browsing internet

have you ever tried resetting your routers firmware? If yes then you have you made all the settings correct again, because you should always configure it in order to work it perfectly again. And if you haven’t done it yet then let me tell you as you must have to that, and if you are not aware how to reset the settings you can simply make them to default again.

Re: WIFi remains connected in blackberry curve 9360 but gives error while browsing internet

have you made all the settings perfectly in your device? Because see that’s the main thing while connecting through the WIFI. Thus according to me you should try to make sure whether you have configured all the settings perfectly in both your phone as well in the wireless router as well of your resident. Because it is always most important as you make settings which is actually similar at both the sides

that make pretty much sense as we can reset all the settings in the router but still nothing appears to be working, and what could be problem then connecting with my university ?

Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

hi i am new in this site i have prb my mobile is blackberry 9630 china version how i connect to interner with pc ? plz any one help me
    and sorry my english is weak

try to reset the firmware of your phone and then see what happens, because once I was also having same problem with the phone and l had also tried each and everything known to me in order to get it resolved but was keep getting problem as you are having currently. Thus after resetting the firmware of the mobile everything was working perfectly.

And here you can have another option as well, but I have noticed that resetting can generally fix all such issue with the mobile but still if suppose you are having the same issue, you can try reinstalling the firmware of the mobile as well.

In both the cases it is always recommended as you should first make a back up of important data before proceeding for the same or you may lose all your data from the phone.