Thread: Why Samsung Galaxy Nexus prime is slower than iPhone 4S and Galaxy S II?

Why Samsung Galaxy Nexus prime is slower than iPhone 4S and Galaxy S II?

I'll perhaps inch toward getting trolled for this but here I go. Why post this on Samsung Galaxy S2 general? Well, a mess of individuals are expressing Nexus prime is superior to Samsung Galaxy S2 so I considered imparting this to you guys. I am not positive in case it is official or not. Kindly post your answer soon.

re: Why Samsung Galaxy Nexus prime is slower than iPhone 4S and Galaxy S II?

As per me it bodes well being as how makes nexus is Google's lead made by Samsung and Samsung Galaxy S2 is Samsungs leader made by Samsung.

Ice cream sandwich doesn't look to be as streamlined as you make it sound from the active video s that has been presented in sites; it stutters and lags something greater than the SGS2 does with touch wise. Still I could purchase it, but only for the reason that I'm quite worn out on holding up for upgrades.

Clearly the Galaxy Nexus utilizes the SGX540, the same GPU as the Galaxy S (one). While the Galaxy S II utilizes the Mali-400 GPU which appears to be on a higher specification wouldn't it be an equitably weak combo after the phone accompanies a 720p display matched with a GPU something greater than a year old?

Recording a GUI that runs in 60 fps with a 30fps zoom lens and transferring to youtube creates micro-stuttering in the video unpaid to case frame-rate and plainly no v- sync between phone display and camera.

As to overall performance, I saw an exceptional deal of stutter in the Galaxy Nexus before us. Taps were not consistently distinguished and there were intermittent postpones in performing a direction, however in Google's defense, it was a phone thoroughly loaded with running careers and the product is once again being nonstop enhanced and advanced. You are decidedly able to see the stutter and lag in almost all off the video s that have been presented that are longer than 10 seconds. Not expression its a deal breaker, but ICS right now doesn't look too enhanced.

Galaxy S II has 384,000 pixels. Nexus Prime has 921,600. So it is powering practically 3 times the pixel as its small brother. We should utilize some practical judgment skills before spouting off worthless facts, people.

What this denotes is that the Galaxy Nexus is determined to be somewhat snappier than the Droid Bionic, slower than the Galaxy S II by a small margin, and critically slower than the A5-powered iPhone 4S. The Galaxy Nexus may have a vaster, brighter; higher-resolution screen than the iPhone 4′s Retina display, but it won’t indispensably have the graphics to a matter of fact render OpenGL games at 1280×720 at smooth frame rates.

It is as a result of the OMAP4460 processor that the Galaxy Nexus will just have the PowerVR SGX540 GPU, an old-fashioned monster from 2007 that can as a matter of fact be found underneath the hood of final year's Nexus S, and in the Droid Bionic. The SGX540 is exceptionally feeble contrasted with the Mali-400 GPU found in Samsung's Exynos SoC (the singled out case that powers the Galaxy S II), and its emphatically snail-paced in opposition to the Apple A5′s SGX543MP2.

I like the look of Nexus S and HW was absolutely exceptional. Yet it was the embodiment of a minor update to the Nexus One it was puzzling. This one has a 720p screen different than that nothing remotely wonderful. N1 primarily double the horsepower, ram, and gave us a more substantial higher res screen, in a well raised beautiful package far nicer than anything out during that time. No nexus phone has verged on that leap.

Re: Why Samsung Galaxy Nexus prime is slower than iPhone 4S and Galaxy S II?

The Galaxy Nexus has an easier specification than the iPhone 4S and Galaxy S II, and its even equivalent to the Nexus S in terms of graphic control.