Thread: Difficult to flash ROMs without an SD card but ODIN can help in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Difficult to flash ROMs without an SD card but ODIN can help in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I am not the biggest nerd of the android based phone but I was certainly going to have of android phone not for the first time though I am planning to get Samsung Galaxy Nexus now the problem is if it was going flash ROMs and such without an SD card will it be a lot pain then some website I saw this option of ODIN. So I am no afraid to use any apps but I would certainly like to know what is ODIN, what precisely does it do plus how will it formulate it easier to flash ROMs kindly jelp me on this I would be really glad

Re: Difficult to flash ROMs without an SD card but ODIN can help in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Odin is a software that allows flash or a rom, or a core ... is not difficult to use at all .. if you have ever used or rad light for your Motorola phone almost the same in some way

Re: Difficult to flash ROMs without an SD card but ODIN can help in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I have not used an Android Moto, Moto can not handle. Therefore, ODIN is an application that is used to flash things is similar to ROM Manager? Or is it more like CWM in the boot on it, flash your rack and then rebooting the operating system? Besides, you have to do full clean with Odin? That is my main concern, which is about a rag and lose everything that is stored on the phone, and that is not stored on an SD card. It seems that a lot of pain, especially because once it cleaned, you want to flash the card is now no more.

Sorry if this appear like basic questions, dull. I just wish for to know 100% what could be messing with device

Is that Signify we cannot make use of ROM manager and clean and backup ROMs on the go? Do you in reality have to attach to a PC to change ROMs?

My guess is that you can not use ROM Manager, but why would you anyway? I'm sure there's a way to make and restore backups with ODIN as can be manually ClockworkMod or TWRP

It’s an application on your computer will u put the phone in bootloader mode and when shone pimples on my fascinate never did delete anything, ever used it to flash ROMs, but can be used for that .. I always shone sd roms on my card when I get home ill try n find the thread that taught me to use .. and there is not even close to his ROM manager

I was more just surprise at this point what precisely ODIN was. I at the present be familiar with it's a program you run on your computer to flash zips.

in essence, the just questions I still contain at this point are that I can think of atm

• Is it possible to mount the backup storage / add from the PC?
    • When cleaning is done not touch data storage?
    • ODIN is the merely option and is it steady?

Odin is as much as I contain make use of it is steady I cannot respond the backup question reason I had a sd card in my interest for that however u be able to flash .tar files with Odin also

Quote Originally Posted by garfunkel View Post
    I was more just surprise at this point what precisely ODIN was. I at the present be familiar with it's a program you run on your computer to flash zips.

in essence, the just questions I still contain at this point are that I can think of atm

• Is it possible to mount the backup storage / add from the PC?
    • When cleaning is done not touch data storage?
    • ODIN is the merely option and is it steady?
    So answer for your question is

• Yes, definitely mount the backup storage / add from the PC
    • There are two options one to clean the data, and one to clean the SD. Although the internal memory, you can still read and shows how the SD storage.
    • ODIN is really the only option if you 'brick' your device, most Samsung devices are almost impossible to brick. I have not had to use ODIN once with my Nexus. I can still use CWM to do more or less everything, ODIN is there for "just in case" situations in which there is no option to restore, or mounting the device

So if I was a flash custom ROM on your link and I galaxy data cleansing my music and images will still be there like there is a sd card? How to backup ur put on a computer at least to clean the data SD as well. While the Galaxy Nexus CWM supports all you have to do is go to the sdcard / ClockworkMod / backup / and backups are stored here. So if you have to do a complete cleaning SD, just save the backup to your computer, and put it back in the same folder after cleaning.