Thread: Barometer is useless addition in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Barometer is useless addition in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I was going through the hardware specs of Samsung Galaxy Nexus and saw there was a specs mention Barometer now I was just wondering that what purpose will to server to us going forward what it does is measures the AIR so that it can tell the speculation of rainfall and all I am not sure about any apps available for that but I consider it as a useless stuff I already have the have access to maps with doppler radar which server the purpose for me I don’t need any other apps for that I just can't imagine in the least other use. perhaps somebody with additional imagination out there can allocate some opinion on this I would really like to hear your opinion please share with us all

Re: Barometer is useless addition in Samsung Galaxy Nexus

For me I'd to a certain extent contain a superior battery than a barometer
    On the whole, it sounds hopeless to me.

I can use my phone to track vertical feet MTN bike. I use My Tracks to do so. The point is that the reported vertical feet is an estimate based on GPS data. Would have a very sweet barometer for accurate altitude information. I could see the benefit to skiers as well. The barometer can be used to improve the ability of GPS to give a correct reading of altitude

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    For me I'd to a certain extent contain a superior battery than a barometer
    On the whole, it sounds hopeless to me.
    You are making the assumption that the elimination of the barometer would increase the size space for the battery as a mechanical engineer I can tell you is a very dangerous thing to take and I'm willing to bet that is not the case. Removing it would certainly be open space somewhere in the phone, but cannot be "useful" space that can be used to increase the size of the battery. Given the likely size of the barometer, and the strong likelihood that is squeezed between the chips of the same height, there is almost no chance that was introduced at all in the space of the battery.

For me it's going to be helpful to calculate spectral efficiency of an LTE gadget below known weather circumstances and also a few people who get regular headaches are affecting by pressure, so it might be helpful to them to know how their day is available

I was very keen on the release of the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus and all and between a lot of attractive stuff it is available with barometer I tried to think of the practical applications of barometric pressure reading. We know that climate change causes headaches, myself included. I assume you have an application log when you have headaches and compared it with the latest values of barometric pressure. After learning what gives you a headache, you should be able to predict when in fact you will get one warning and that consequent

I have the same opinion that joined first and foremost for the GPS location. because the barometric pressure is much more sensitive to changes in altitude then the weather changes, use as an altimeter is the most logical reason