Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Hi, I am about to buy Samsung Galaxy Nexus whenever it will be available, but before that I wanted to know about some of the important things about the mobile and the operating system which is expected in the mobile, I hope I am not wrong as I have mentioned in the title. I have heard a lot about the ice cream sandwich update and its various good feature but still will it work good with the hardware specification of the nexus. Because as the OS is newer thus It might be possible that it could drain battery quicker than the previous versions because of its extra ordinary feature? I would be glad if the guys who have already updated to this version shares their views rather experiences with this operating system, so I can made my mind towards this mobile. Thanks.

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich and Samsung Galaxy Nexus

See according to me as far as mobile phone is concern I would like to recommend you that you should get another phone rather than this one because the hardware specification is quite poor than the expected, the current hardware which is expected in the phone is comparable with the Samsung galaxy s2 and the only concern which is good is the graphic parts but after all that comes after all, so having this phones doesn’t make sense.

And as far as its operating is system is concern, which is the coolest system from the google’s android, and which is the most awaited system in the mobile, in fact it is been update in many phones as well, so there isn’t any problem with the operating system.

Exactly I have the same opinion as the above user like the OS that the mobile comprises is quite good but the hardware is poor thus, my suggestion is also same to have another one. In fact if you are not that OS conscious then you can have option to get apple’s newly launched Iphone 4s rather than this one, since it is much better than the Nexus for sure at every concern.

I have installed this ice cream sandwich update in my sony ericssoin NEO and really the performance is so good but still the battery draining is much faster thus let me tell you as you should be aware before buying the phone, but it might be possible that my hardware couldn’t be matched with the OS’s requirement and that’s why it could be draining the quicker. But after seeing your configuration as well, I don’t think the battery life would be that good whatever you are expecting it from the mobile. Anyways it is just a discussion as the more information about the same will be revealed only after its released thus you should wait till the mobile gets released.

I was also thinking about the same as the newer application support and the newer feature will surely make some changes in the performance, but I have noticed that the firmware I have mentioned is quite good with the tablets devices. Anyways thanks for your co operation.