Thread: New Map Update for TomTom v875

New Map Update for TomTom v875

I am using the TomTom v875 from the last 2 month. So there is lots of POI I have saved in this device, but now I am stuck to the update for the Map in the TomTom. I have try several thing to do that but not able to update the Map in TomTom v875 is it possible to update the Map in TomTom, if it is possible then what are the step I have to take so that I can update the map store in TomTom what are the changes I will see after the update and what benefit will get by this kind of the update. So if you guys have any of the information about these issues then please do the reply.

Re: New Map Update for TomTom v875

So all that I know about the update for the map in TomTom is that you have to first create a new POI category for example you can say that as Favorites and save your favorites as a POI. This will not allow you to make the help of the Method so if you have created that you can chose display where all your favorites are on your map by setting this in POI settings. So for the update of any of the map you first have to find out those maps you wish to update now copy that map or the file to the Desktop of the Computer, now you can update your map through TomTom Home. As you have completed with this update you have to move back to your new map folder in your TomTom drive using My Computer, and if you there get the message that the file is already exists then you have to replace that existing file with the new one.

The Map can be update for the TomTom official site, and for that you have to access your own account. So the user have there account in the TomTom will have the access to update their Map, and also I have seen there is no need to update if the Map require any of the changes then it automatically pop the message informing about the update, so only the user have to select the option for the update and have to select the map that he want to make the update.

For the updating of the Map you must have to connect your TomTom to the internet so the automatic updating of the Map is done by the TomTom or you can also visit the official side for these purposes. And also you can download for the update of the Map and latter you can install that download for the TomTom. The updating is necessary so that the TomTom will remain up to the dates which make the TomTom for the better performance.