Thread: Getting error while entered in the Promotion Code for Lifetime Map Updates on TomTom Via 1505

Getting error while entered in the Promotion Code for Lifetime Map Updates on TomTom Via 1505

I have my VIA 1505 and today trying to get setup. Followed by the address to configure my account to the maps of all life, but got an error when I entered the promotion code. Error below.

Code:
    The activation code you entered cannot be used due to incompatibility with 
    the version of the installed application.
    Any one facing this error

Re: Getting error while entered in the Promotion Code for Lifetime Map Updates on TomTom Via 1505

I think you better call TomTom customer care they will be able to activate it for you from their end

Re: Getting error while entered in the Promotion Code for Lifetime Map Updates on TomTom Via 1505

What you think I did first I already called them and also I had to send them a copy of my purchase and prom card to get it set up.

You're right. That's the only way to activate the "life maps" of service at this time. I just got this e-mail in English something broken TomTom support today "We have received many contributions of our valued customers like you and our development team is working on them. You can enter in the short term. However, we have no information on the exact time frame or estimated." I was told to fax or mail a photocopy of the receipt and a screenshot of the promotion code and activate it for me. However, I can not even get the latest version of the map to download to my VIA 1505. They do not know what you're doing that, so having an older map despite its advertising guarantee that I would get the most current map around with the download. They have the worst customer service in the business, and I can assure that I will never buy one of their products again. From now on, it's Garmin for me.

I am not certain it any better on the Garmin, I posted the other day I sent an email to Garmin customer service about 2 to 3 weeks at a friend's name and there are new unit. Waiting for an answer, as TomTom about 5 days ago. is seen as different horse rider himself

Customer Service will not let say you have to email or photocopy of proof of purchase. I have seen many threads on this topic. I have a VIA 1405 and a Customer Service agent told me that photocopies and sending of material, I hung up the phone and called him again next spoke of the gentleman who told me I could do it by phone because the site where u imputed the code maps for life was not working and to install it for me. That was done in 10 minutes of that call second. I would call Customer Service and tell them again I’ve tried to add the code through the website and still not working and that you have read on the TT forums and many people are having this problem and you want the agent add the code for you.

This is great I called support and not even ask me. They just turn the map updates for life in about 3 minutes. Now I do not know if I really have this service or not, why not show up anywhere on my TomTom account or any part of my TomTom device, but the service agent, said I had activated it. So I guess it's done! Thanks for the info. I was about to let it go