Thread: How to disable internet data transfer on Sony Ericsson Txt?

How to disable internet data transfer on Sony Ericsson Txt?

I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Txt and it is working fine without any serious problem but then I use it only to connect to the data services over wifi, I am charged if I am using it over the network by my service provider, I have been charged a no of times by accidentally hitting the browser button as it gets connected to the internet very fast, I know that I can stop the internet use on the phone by contacting the service provider and disabling the internet service but then since I use it sometimes, I want to know that is there any other method that I can try out to disable it when I don’t need it??

Re: How to disable internet data transfer on Sony Ericsson Txt?

I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Txt and it is working fine without any serious problem but then I use it only to connect to the data services over wifi, I am charged if I am using it over the network by my service provider, I have been charged a no of times by accidentally hitting the browser button as it gets connected to the internet very fast, I know that I can stop the internet use on the phone by contacting the service provider and disabling the internet service but then since I use it sometimes, I want to know that is there any other method that I can try out to disable it when I don’t need it??

It is easy to do the same, I mean if you are aware then for using the internet you have to choose a account for connecting over the network so here you can just change any of the field as incorrect, once it is incorrect then it won’t connect to the internet until you connect to it. Other thing that you can try out here is creating a dummy account and just leaving the field empty and then you can just select that account in order to connect to the internet and since it might be empty it won’t connect, so when you have a need for it to connect to the internet then you can again select the correct account. Just try it out and let me know if it is helping you or not.

Hey thanks for that I will try it out but then I just wanted to know that if I am using a dummy account and if there is a need to connect to the network then it won’t connect and by default the wifi will have to do the task, if here I am not having any wifi connection then the phone will not connect to the internet right?? And I will have to use the correct account in order to use the internet?? Is there any other option to do so??

Yes if the account is not proper than the phone will use the wifi by default and in case if there is not wifi connection then you will have to select correct account to connect to the network, I don’t think that there is any other solution to do the same rather than just contacting the service provider and disabling the internet service. Hope that helps.

Ok I will create a dummy account to do so, anyways thanks to you for your help so far, I really appreciate it.