Thread: unable to download English voice option in TomTom Start 25 Europe

unable to download English voice option in TomTom Start 25 Europe

I got my TomTom Start 25 Europe from Germany for between EURO 180 and 190. But later that I realize that the person given me the German speaking gadget and I am aware there was no English voice available . I though then manage to found the a few voice files nevertheless at the present I cannot locate a TOMTOM drive in my laptop to keep them I have been waiting for the pending a reply from TomTom for a long time and I wonder if anybody can assist me locate a file to download the voice files. For your information, TomTom Navi is previously connected to the PC I cannot locate the device TOMTOM folder

re: unable to download English voice option in TomTom Start 25 Europe

All you have to do is update your GPS model trough the mytomtom .i guess it is not possible to access the TomTom file in on your pc do you be capable to choose English as the language in the GPS? perhaps if you have chosen for the GPS English, you will be at the present capable to do a download English voice.

I once did some map updates, etc. that have been identified and recommended. Yes I managed to change the language to English since I started with my navigation then. When I bought this in Germany recently, I was recommended by a person to buy this, and this guy knew he could not fully understand German who nearly had an accident last week, because I had to keep watching the screen instead of listening to while driving this is not a pleasant experience.

Unluckily I have to tell you that updates are not yet obtainable that necessary for your device. Actually it’s a setback with the database. Consequently, it will not be capable to install any voice other than the one that is preinstalled on your case, most likely German. You can constantly change the English menu will have no consequence on the products to be accessible for download. So is patience until this issue can be solved and can present additional voices for downloads.

I am really not surprised by this actually the My TomTom has the lot of issues I anticipate they get this issue solved; it is making a lot of people sour to TomTom. Hope they acquire you what you require rapidly

Got the same issue buy this device in Germany similar to I did with my previous TomTom and was assured it had English voice, although it is disable on the gadget. I unable to download any English voices.

Does TomTom has given you any answers regarding your issue yet

You can add English voices for the moment, if the device is up to date, using the function MyTomTom and Content of the community. However, you can not add computer voices for the moment, so add that the voices will not release the names of streets.

You will as well require the voice files as of older TomTom by means of TomTom Home, MyTomTom not , if you contain one. or else, you will still continue to find the voice files to download.

These features have developed very rapidly recently, so the computer voices can be added shortly.

The preinstalled voice depends on which country the gadget is for sale. The motive for this is unknown. A voice store is scheduled to be available this month, hopefully also includes the ability to install additional voices computer.

They have taken with my new tom otm start25, cracked open now can not back to where to find purchasse

A. my options for German or Turkish

B. was sold in Switzerland where the languages are not Turks, are German, French, Italian and English.

C. There is no way everything can be changed to English. No way to activate it. There is no way to download.

I feel totally tear off.

What the hell can not speak English?

Re: unable to download English voice option in TomTom Start 25 Europe

Turkey's In Switzerland total garbage Are you trying to tell me that more people do not know English speak Turkish? Tom toms have owned before and have had as a rule can download computer voices in different languages, this is total nonsense. It seems they have no return option. I will go wide on the Internet Facebook / Twitter / evaluation of products to carry the message about what is an unfortunate situation this is. Having spent 4 hours researching the problem, a problem with the TomTom brand only - no other brands do not offer a voice speaks English as standard or by download. This device can also be a brick for all the good that is for me. It is useless to tell me that can be fixed soon

Miserable, disgust, crossed off,

Re: unable to download English voice option in TomTom Start 25 Europe

Oh apologetic, I fail to remember to talk about there is one more voice option accessible Polish

You require to cross two countries to reached to Poland from Switzerland, even if granted that is 5 less than you contain to cross to get to Turkey. No one purchasing this device is going to want moreover of these two languages. French, Italian, English and German makes sense but Turkish and Polish? What then?

The language of Europe is English. The gadget comes normal with a EUROPE map 45 countries so obviously it’s being purchased for European use.

shocking