Thread: Unable to connect to home on TomTom VIA 1530

Unable to connect to home on TomTom VIA 1530

Recently purchase via 1530 tm 8/8 however this gadget connects to computer although does not request to connect to home. I just made Called customer service and Spent there about 1 hour on phone try a lot of different rectification but Nothing seems to be worked so taken the reference no and customer service advice calling back the subsequently day. Anyone else have similar issue?

Re: Unable to connect to home on TomTom VIA 1530

All you need to do is to make use of MyTomTom to connect to your PC if you have one of the following devices
    • GO 1000 / 2000 series
    • GO LIVE 800 series
    • Via series
    • Start 20 series
    • Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE
    • Sony XNV

Glad to know that but is there any step by step solution for the trouble I can’t register the GPS or give promotion code for map guarantee Downloaded driver to computer as given this. There still was no prompt to connect Just won't connect. Very annoying I can't be the just one that's has problem connecting to TomTom home with via 1530. I also bring the original 1530 again to BJ's and got one more one. I can't yet register it, let only to be able to download fresh maps that I rewarded for.

Did you installed the my TomTom application on to your PC this is NOT a driver however a program that one time installed supposed to in the majority cases be see on the windows toolbar except you are operation some other OS

The next navigation devices connect to MyTomTom
    1. GO 1000 series
    2. GO LIVE 800 series
    3. Via series
    4. Start 20 series
    5. Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE
    6. Sony XNV

MyTomTom assist you handle the contents and services of your navigation gadget, plus giving you way in to the TomTom community. It is a fine suggestion to commonly connect your navigation tool to MyTomTom, to make sure you always have the newest updates.

The TomTom driver is a free of charge application for your computer that attach your navigation gadget trough MyTomTom on the TomTom site .

To install MyTomTom follows the methods

• Just attach your PC to the internet.

• Now start a web and log on to tomtom.com/getstarted.

• Just Click Download now.

Follow the advice on the display if you get ask query while downloading.

1. When prompted, attach your gadget to your PC using the USB cable. Then make your device on.

Your gadget is then accepted, backed up and the newest updates are installed on it.

I have precisely the similar issue with a via 1530. I contain it all the method to the display wherever I choose download at the present and acquire "download status and not anything shows no status, not anything happening. I've attempt this no less than 15 times. I've seen at the cache directory and a little text file is formed, although that's it. Extremely dissatisfied. It doesn't work. Don’t know what to do

I just acquire a Via 1505. I work in Windows 7 64 bit even me can't find home to be familiar with the 1505 at the time connect. Again installed software plus home 5 times. It appears the 1505 installs as a LAN in network and is not in drives. Been extremely annoyed and appear I am not on only

Any help will be cherished

Its look like the t model does not illustrate as an exterior removable drive as the user have no admission to the file systems on it. Similar go for all 1X, 2X other Via models, Start 20 and Go 800 series mold. All the previous as well want the make use of MyTomTom tomtom.com/getstarted in place of Home 2.

Hey thanks for support but are you saying that the Via 1505 don’t require or use "home". If that is the matter then every route planning, and so on wants to be done on the 1505 and isn’t it true that The myTomTom Support Application is necessary to run and keep update the map-reading device.