Thread: battery not working properly for TomTom go live 1005

battery not working properly for TomTom go live 1005

I am using the TomTom go live 1005 I want to tell you that it has been just five months from the date of purchase and the battery of the go live 1005 is not working properly . we just went on vacation for a week and after coming when I used the device , I found out that the device battery is not working properly . it turns green when the battery is full charged but after removing the external plug the indicator turns red saying the low battery . do any have the idea about this.

Re: battery not working properly for TomTom go live 1005

First of all I would just say that the battery issue you are mentioning about is good , I appreciate about it but I want to ask you that the whether you are using the device frequently or not .because sometimes what happens that the device when not used for longtime or not charged for the longtime might also be chances of damaging the battery. So for good battery life the battery needs to charge frequently .

I think if the battery is having the more issue then I would suggest you to change the battery and after see that the device is working properly or not .

According to me there might be possible that the battery could be damaged in some cases there are chances that the device may have some problems. for checking the device I would suggest you that charge the battery till the battery indicates the fully charged . after that disconnect the external plug from the battery and see that the device is able to work or not . now is the device is not able to work and turns off then , I would say that there is certainly the battery problem . and if the device is able to work for the couple of hours then I would say that the battery indiactor is having the problem and you need to check the battery indicator as it denotes faulty.

I am using the go live 1005 from past eight months and never had the problem with my device . I regular charge the device and works for the couple of hours . I never had the issue regarding the device and the battery. The device is still working fine. I am amazed seeing your problem regarding the battery issues.

Yeh .. it happens sometimes . not all the products manufactured come with the good device . some of the products comes faulty . and so they provide the warranty for the products they manufacture . I would suggest you that the if you are having the battery issue and your device is in warranty period then I would advise you to go and contact the TomTom customer care for furtur assistance . I am say that they find some solution for you problem and if you device does not comes in the warranty then I would suggest you that you should still contact the TomTom customer care. Or else find some solution from the TomTom website.

My suggestion is better you go for replacing the battery as you have said that the battery is not working properly and causes many problems to you. And as afr as I knoe if your warranty is void then getting the battery separately will not cost you more.

I have a query in mind. I want to ask you that how many days it takes to get response from the TomTom for the email which I have sent for the issue . I don’t know about that bcoz I have sent the email two days earlier and still there is no response from their side . so do any one know about how many days they take to reply back or response back .

hI would say you that just wait for the week and see that there is any response coming from their side or not . if the response is coming then its good and if there is no response from their side then I would suggest you that go personally to the TomTom support care and talk about the issue .