Thread: How to block books in kindle account that I have shared with my young child

How to block books in kindle account that I have shared with my young child

Hello friends, I'm thinking of my 10 years of age child, for a Kindle this Christmas. My concerns are some of the books that I could have in my account. Is there any way to put your block on its Kindle? I do not want it to have the access over those books and I have the rights that it should have only those books which he can read it. So kindly give me your suggestion. Thanking you all in advance for the suggestion and also the advice you will give me.

Re: How to block books in kindle account that I have shared with my young child

Load books on your Kindle, then unsubscribe so it cannot access the file. The only drawback is that you have to register again to add more books for Kindle, but it only takes a moment.

In short, no. I suggest creating a separate account for it. Thus as you age is to have your own Amazon account. You have to register a CC to configure, but once done you can load a gift certificate and remove the CC. That way you have control over how much he spends. Use your email address so that if you put things you know. It is true that you will not be able to read the same book at the same time, so, without having to buy two copies.

Apart from that, but I purchase a Kindle for another daughter, who cannot even share books. It makes no sense to buy the book twice. I'll have to trust that she does not understand books mine improper.

Well, you could add another daughter Kindle account of the first daughter when she gets. You could, as someone suggested above, the load of books that are fine with his belt and then unregister it. You would have to register again to charge more. When we recorded the Kindle can access their files, when not, cannot. I guess I just made the rule that you cannot download books without their consent, and they have some that are not appropriate for her. And, of course, you have the right to verify you’re Kindle at any time if you find something that should not have to come to take for a while. It is a privilege not a right.

Note that as their daughters grow older, if you still want access to books in an account that has been created for them, would have to continue sharing. However, it is possible that later, still not interested in books for young people, and I think that is a problem. The way to keep books on their be in possession of, but not on the Kindle, is to terminate the Kindle, so you no longer have access to the account.

I will have this problem with my children soon. Not that I mainly do not want you understanding my books (in some way I doubt that will be convinced by the texts of medieval history), but just do not like the idea of other people to lose my place in the book.

If they are established in your account with your own Kindle, you can disable synchronization so that everyone can read the same books without your last page read is updated all the time for someone else to read - so do not lose your place. (Go to your "manage your Kindle" and decide on "manage devices" and go to the bottom of the option to disable).

You can try the following method which I have tried it and also it has worked for me, so you follow it and try it:
    • Purchase a Kindle which is not a 3G.
    • Register that kindle to your account.
    • Have a Wi-Fi password only you might know it.
    • Do not set up the kindle of your kids on your wireless.
    • Transfer the books to the kindle from the PC than using the “over the air" method.

I have 4 children that I share my account. I can buy the books that everyone can read my mind. When I buy a book that is not "family" appropriate, withdraw from my account, the account record to my husband, buy the book you want, download it and then unsubscribe and register my account. This way I have all the books I understand on my Kindle and do not have to worry about downloading something they should not.