Thread: Is there an option to turnoff the LTE and on same time use the mobile data on HTC Vivid

Is there an option to turnoff the LTE and on same time use the mobile data on HTC Vivid

Terrific phone and very attractive features this phone has bought it recently but there is one issue that bother me a lot actually my its LTE . Doesn't appear to be a method to turn LTE off to preserve battery. I mean, you be able to turn off Mobile Data all at once however that appear to be the just alternative. On earlier handset I have for all time tried to go all the way through the day with the slowest data probable to conserve battery, then while I am surfing on require the faster data, I just twist it on. So anyone here can help me to get rid of this issue I would be really glad thanks in advance

Re: Is there an option to turnoff the LTE and on same time use the mobile data on HTC Vivid

Feels bad for you however we have that option on the phone that available in Canada the option is in settings then Wireless & Networks in mobile networks on Network mode I hope we have the same setting option .

Re: Is there an option to turnoff the LTE and on same time use the mobile data on HTC Vivid

I first thought instruction for the HTC ThunderBolt 4G work. It's a bit a great deal to go through every time you wish for to switch, though. Never mind. It look like that you cannot alter the default Preferred Network kind on this handset with that technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan1990 View Post
    I first thought instruction for the HTC ThunderBolt 4G work. It's a bit a great deal to go through every time you wish for to switch, though. Never mind. It look like that you cannot alter the default Preferred Network kind on this handset with that technique.
    sadly the AT&T handset does not contain the Network form selection even though I might presume once we get these handset rooted and what not we will almost certainly see Rom's for AT&T That have that option built-in. This would have be nice to do for those of us without LTE at the instant.

Also in the similar problem wanting to turn off LTE and at present HSPA+ or still just Edge even as I am in the office not make use of the phone for anything other than text. handset taken off charger at 8am and is at the present in the yellow range.

Is there anyone here can help me to temp root the Rogers’s version phone and then pull their settings apk for us? Might that do it if we install? I will really glad to know this is there anyone who already has done that can assist me on this issue thanks

I hope this might works

Diagnostic mode works as well, you can put your network by means of that.

Dial from handset dialer *#*#4636#*#*

Tab "phone information" on that "Set preferred network type:"

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
    I hope this might works

Diagnostic mode works as well, you can put your network by means of that.

Dial from handset dialer *#*#4636#*#*

Tab "phone information" on that "Set preferred network type:"
    I was trying this and this method is not working for me I guess this technique does not works for AT&T phones

Quote Originally Posted by Karia View Post
    I was trying this and this method is not working for me I guess this technique does not works for AT&T phones

I think you are doing something wrong because I have already tried this method on AT& just used the code and it worked?

This technique was worked for the HTC Aria and now the HTC Vivid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karia View Post
    I have tested it on both of these phone and it doesn't work for either. It'll allow you click it, and act as if it worked, however check the display, choice doesn't modify. Constantly stays similar

I will definitely tried it on HTC Vivid although on the HTC Aria, if I altered it to either toggled airplane mode or restarted it is normally switched to what I altered it to. It might not modify right away after altering it in diagnostic mode.