Thread: Getting Seagate GoFlex Satellite work with SAMBA

Getting Seagate GoFlex Satellite work with SAMBA

I'm considering that any of you might have managed to eventually get smb shares to work properly, if yes than please guide how to control with all the steps in the methodology of setting up samba server and uniting shares. I emulated every last trace of the guidelines from the alternate string as most fit I might but my learning of linux/unix is restricted to what I’ve picked up from messing around with android so I spent more time studying how to work vi than I did comprehending why the samba didn’t work the a few times I attempted to get it working.

Re: Getting Seagate GoFlex Satellite work with SAMBA

It works for me and my Android 2.2 powered HTC Desire HD device. From the beginning of all, we ought to download "optware" package. I don't positively be associates with Linux's, so use FlashGet to batch downloads all things on page. You basically can just download this compressed folder, then unpack and put it to root (essential) directory on your Satellite joined via data cable.

When taking after the above post you should prepare telnet customer (if utilizing Win7). Press "Start" button => Control Panel => Programs and Features => Turn Windows features on or off => Check Telnet Client and press "Ok". Then again press "Start" button and type "telnet" into the search field. Then enter following:
    Code:
     open 192.168.0.1
    --Framework will requires from you username and password actually utilize "root" as username and "goflex" as secret word. Then enter following
    Code:
    mkdir /satellite_app/www/satellite/media/optware
    mount -o button /media/sda1/optware /satellite_app/www/satellite/media/optware
    cd /media/sda1/optware
    tar -xOvzf ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_arm.ipk ./data.tar.gz | tar -C / -xzvf -

Code:
    vi /opt/etc/ipkg.conf
    This command will drop in the account "ipkg.conf" for altering. You'll need to press "Esc" button to have the ability to drop in some charges in vi. At this time you'll need to enter "i". then head off to the close of the account utilizing arrows and unite this line:
    Code:
    src/gz cs08q1armel http://192.168.0.1/media/optware

I was having a comparative situation with android entering the shares until I joined the "might user = attach" line to smb.conf to verify that is there and organized effectively. I’m now having a new situation around the same time as my starting setup I disregarded to join the static location and it wasn’t a situation until now for the reason that clearly the drive had never as a matter of fact run over to slumber while I’d had it connected to and playing with it whatsoever in light of the fact that I just actually had it remount the HDD as sdb1 for the purpose that broke my shares. So I united the static location and updated my smb.conf to reflect the brand new location but for some explanation my divisions no longer appear. I’m acutely attentive in the event that you hold any plans, got some genuine work to do before i am able to play with it again today however.

I suppose that would be the "offline" gameplan to finish it, here's the "online" way that I awhile back would recovery time/space. First and foremost we should get the drive onto our system. The emulating is collecting we possess no encryption. Telnet into the head such as tsv163 clarifies:
    Code:
     Start > Run > Cmd
    telnet 192.168.0.1
    Username: root
    Password: goflex

I am too interested by having Samba3 installed; the explanation is different Code-pages adjustment in Samba2. In my tribe we view movies in 3 languages anyhow. Samba2 is OK with large files for me thus far. The data I have found about it is as accompanies:
    • -There is a decreased version of Samba3, which fits to 4 MGB flash (from here)
    • -Yes, any optware introduced might be installed to the hard drive rather than to the flash. Folks don't utilize this method regularly on the grounds that it is useless for NAS with USB HDD joined but here it could be the best equipped way separated from longer loading time I guess.
    • -It could be quite excellent assuming that every last trace of the encountered individuals accompany this subject with Samba3 descriptions and even logically ordered directions as the above ones

Product packages can install files where ever they've been composed to establish the programming to. I accept the purpose of the optware is to endeavor to just establish in the /pick folder, so by tying it like we are, it should to minimize the effect on the flash memory.

Code:
    df –h
    Samba2 took a small touch more space on the flash after install; I don't skill much effect Samba3 could have. The legitimate issue is that assuming that you fill the flash, the device is useless following rebooting. I guess you could probably attempt it and assuming that it doesn't top it off, and then you're great. You could probably check space ready by utilizing.

Samba 2 has a document size limitation of 2 GB. The limit might be turned off in samba 3+ but not in samba 2. Conceivably not a situation for some individuals but it’s a situation for me inasmuch as I utilize files of 13+GB regularly. Much obliged concerning the tip on the lessened size version of samba 3 however. I’m determined to attempt that out.

Instating samba 3.2.15 still fills root before establish finishes and resulting from the fact that fix doesn’t finish ipkgfiles there as being no packages installed so I’m truly needing to rm files manually and trust I’m getting the right ones