Thread: Ring tone changes automatically in sony ericsson CK15i

Ring tone changes automatically in sony ericsson CK15i

I have bought a new sony ericsson CK15i android phone. it’s a best phone with an impressive specifications. To access internet on pc I always connect my phone to the pc. but whenever I disconnect the connection my ringtone of the phone automatically changes and gets back to the default sony ericsson tone. Not all the time but most of the times it happens. Is there any connection between the phone and the pc regarding the ringtone? Anyone else with the same problem?

Re: Ring tone changes automatically in sony ericsson CK15i

Yes it happens to me also. The same problem but in my case there is a confusion, the ringtone changes each time I disconnect the connection. In fact most of the settings which I have done and adjusted changes and gets back to the default setting, for example, themes, ringtone etc. don’t know what exactly is happening. I feel that there is some virus problem in my pc which is creating such problems. Should I always scan my pc with antivirus whenever I go on to connect my phone

There is no connection of virus with this issue. Because even I am facing almost same kind of problem and even I felt the same as you. Then later on I scanned both my pc and mobile with an antivirus but nothing worked. I have noticed the same problem in my phone. Whenever I connect the phone to the pc the ringtone changes after connection is established instead of changing after disconnecting the connection. i mean, my ringtone changes only after the connection is made.
    The only common thing is that even i get to hear the default ringtone as mentioned in the previous post. Do we all share the same problem or do we has the same solution for this problem. I can only make out that the ringtone changes when connected to the pc.

This is a normal behavior of most of the android phones. For this you need to understand the technical behavior of the connection between your pc and the phone. When ever you connect, the internal SD card or the external card are stopped being accessed by the android system.
    This results in forcing the phone to use the default setting i.e default ringtone, theme,wallpaper etc. this default ringtone stays as it is even after closing the connection just because maybe you disconnect directly by pulling the USB from the port or else you must be not giving the media scanner time to finish. Before disconnection make sure that you also disconnect the storage through the pc connection.

To get rid of such problems you should remember to update your phone. You must be using internet, then there should be no problem with you to update the phone. It’s because not in all cases but in some of the cases, phone updating solves the problem of ringtones and all. So its better you should keep your phone updated.

Most of the people are use to keep the mobile connected to the pc the whole day or almost half of the day. They must be feeling very much irritated to hear the default sony ericsson ringtone even after having loads of ringtone collection.
    I am one of them. I must say that I am very much impressed and satisfied with the reason and the solution given by the above friend. But he didn’t give the solution for this problem. I am sure there can be some solution for this problem too.

Whenever you connect to the pc the default ringtone is used because as per the system there is no internal storage card is accessed. To overcome this you need manually add the ringtone to the system/ media so that you can get to hear the tone of your choice.

Why is it so that all the default things perfectly suit the phone? My phones default theme does not looks good but it perfectly fits the whole screen and also the same case with the wallpaper but don’t know why whenever I try to keep any image clicked by me or taken from the pc as a wallpaper, the image covers only the center part of the mobile leaving the upper and lower part blank. And when I again try to use the default image the whole phone is covered with the image, why so?

Can’t give you the reason or login behind this unusual behavior but I think I can suggest you with some appropriate ideas to get the wallpaper of your choice to cover the whole display.
    I think you should try cropping the image or try to edit the image and extend the length or the width, whichever is required in your pc using a photo manager or photo editor. Or you can directly edit or crop the image in your phone by using certain apps which you can get from the android market for free. And then again take it in your phone and try to set it as wallpaper. Hope so it works.