Thread: How can I transfer a kindle mini to Canada?

How can I transfer a kindle mini to Canada?

Last week when I am going to Quebec for two weeks, to stay a long-time friend who wedded a Canadian and live in Quebec. She is a reader, and would like a Kindle, but doesn't have one. While I am visiting, she is going to ferry me around Montreal in her car and play tour guide. This will be expensive (Canadian gas prices) and take a lot of her time--She's taking vacation days from work to do this!Though I've just received Wiggins (my new Kindle Mini), I am thoughts of give him to her and leaving him there. Unless amazing happens to make me fall out of love with Wiggins, I'd get a substitute as soon as I got back to the USA.

Re: How can I transfer a kindle mini to Canada?

You need to cancel the register of your kindle. When you provide it to your friend and she register it in her name with her bank card and so forth. Then she orders books. The Kindle workings exactly the same but the book available is dependent on Canadian publishers. Occasionally books are available in Canada that isn’t obtainable in the U.S. and sometimes the opposite

The original Kindle ($79/$109 model depending on with or without SO's) -- as contrast with the Kindle stroke as well as the earlier K3, which is now called Kindle Keyboard but which before was just called "Kindle" by Amazon. At Amazon, "Kindle" now means the non-touch, non-keyboard model.We'll settle on amazing consistent eventually. For now folks have been using Kindle Mini, Kindle Basic (or Basic Kindle), child Kindle, and Kindle Lite. Hmmmm. . . Might make a good poll

I have broken up keeping Wiggins, and give Lomax, my K3 to Cindy. I hand over him over this morning and she is detective novel, because she has some interpretation struggle that can be help by setting the font to without serif and increasing the spacing, which can't be done on document books, and apparently not on the PC version of Kindle, which she has used.Lomax will have a good home. I decided having a kindle with the international 3G was something I wanted for overseas travel, so I have ordered a refer model that will be the new Lomax.

As we known the problems by way of broken up US-bought Kindles to a Canadian Amazon account? Anyone ever complete these themselves? Am I correct in assuming there's nothing special about the Kindle Mini that affects this? My friend still has family and friends in the US, and visits Oklahoma every summer, so a lot of ties here. I suspect she has or can get a US-address credit card. Is it possible or advantageous to register the Kindle to a US Amazon account and buy books here?Any other advantages/pitfalls/stuff I should know? I haven't broached this subject to her yet