Thread: Tomtom Go Live 1000 is constantly rebooting

Tomtom Go Live 1000 is constantly rebooting

I am using Tomtom Go Live 1000 and now it has been constantly rebooting after every 5 to 6 minutes and I don’t know what went wrong with it .I have also noticed that when it reboots the settings are changed to factory default and the live services are not able to connect at all and the worst is that I am not able to charge it as well because when I ma connecting it to charge than it is simply turning off. I think that all this is happening after I have updated the application (10.111).Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same. Any helping suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Tomtom Go Live 1000 is constantly rebooting

Yes even I have been facing the same problem and I was not able to find a solution for it and after trying a no of solution that I could have tried when nothing worked than I contacted the customer support and I have also tried to send an email regarding the same problem but I have not yet received any kind of response from the tomtom people and I think that they hardly care about our problem. I will try to find a solution for it in some forums for today and if it is not solved then I am just going to get a refund for this. As by now I have really lost my patience but I will still give a try for the day and let’s see if I find at least one solution for it.

I don’t think that you will be able to get the refund or the replacement in a day or two because I have heard that it takes at least a week or two to assess it .I think that this problem can might be because of some corrupted file and I think that you can try to resolve it by "reset all settings". I will suggest you to go to "add shared POI" and then first download your favorites/PO so you8 don’t face any problem if the "reset all settings" erase them. Just give it a try and see if it helps or not. If it helps then well and good and if not then let me know so I can help you with other solution to resolve it. Best of luck.

I have been facing the same problem and the other problem as well where it is constantly booting after some minutes as if it has been set to reboot after a specific time and even I am not able to charge it as I am connecting the charger to it then it is just turning off. I have already tried the factory reset from the menu and I have also tried to do a hard reset by pressing and holding the button for 30 seconds and all but nothing seems to be helping I think that the device itself has been corrupted and we have to get it replaced. I have tried contacting the customer support but then they hardly care. I am willing to get it replaced but then two weeks for replacement is taking a lot of time. Is there any other method to resolve it?

Even their replacement method is worst I had contacted the manufacturer and then he said I will have to apply for the replacement and then as per their rule I have sent both the TomTom and the usb charging cable for the replacement and after 15 days I have got a new one which is basically having 6+ months old maps with old softwares which was expected but then I found that they have not sent me the usb cable and then when I contacted them then they said they had not told me to send the usb cable and they don’t provide the same in the replacement but then later they agreed that they will do it and now it has been more than a week and they are still sending it. I don’t think that they will really send it and so I bought another one yesterday.

I had the exact problem and where the device was constantly booting and then after booting it used to automatically get set to the factory default and when I used to attach a charger to it then it use to get switch off. Later I went to the manufacturer and he checked it and said that cause of the problem is the battery and he said that I will have to get the replacement for the battery and after the third day from the day have applied for the replacement they had sent me the replacement and now it is working fine so I will suggest you to check if you have the same case as that of me and if yes then you will have to just get the battery replaced and not the whole device which will take a long time.

I have got the replacement but then there is no maps on GO 1000 now and when I contacted the technical support they told me that the My GO 1000 is FUBAR again and I will have to disable the firmware so I did the same and then I linked it to the internet using the 40 MB fiber connection and then I tried to disabled power saving of USB and then I reset the device and then cleared the cache as they suggested but nothing helped. I don’t know what to do know. I have also tried to use IE 8 and 6, Chrome and Firefox and that two with different operating system as well but the problem remains the same. I think that I will never ever by a tomtom device again.

I had bought the Tomtom Go Live 1000 in the march 2011 and I was facing the problem in downloading the first maps and but later I somehow managed to download it after trying a no of reset but then the 2nd update went wrong and then after getting it repaired when I started the update again and when I selected the navigator then there were no maps and later I was not able to download the maps and when I contacted the tech support the said they have got a no of complaint regarding this and their team is working on it and they will contact me soon with a solution or I can apply for a replacement. I don’t know what to do now after hearing their replacement techniques from you all.

You can try to disable the disable the bluetooth function if you are facing this problem when it is on because I have heard that there are people who have mentioned that they have experienced booting problem especially when their Bluetooth is on but then disabling the Bluetooth has reduced that problem. Even though it is not a perfect solution but you can try it out. In order to do so what all you have to do is just tap on the navigation screen and then tap on the settings and then tap once in the right arrow and after that just tap on the connections and then tap on the 'disable Bluetooth' and then check if you are facing the same problem.