Thread: Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110: need help to replace drive

Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110: need help to replace drive

Recently I have purchased the new Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 which is network attached storage device as you all know here. So here I came to know that does someone know how to open that box without breaking it? This is because my drive have been failed and for that reason I want to replace this. But I am having some personal information on the drive that's why I don't want to return it. Can anyone help me in this cause?

Re: Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110: need help to replace drive

Ok, for that reason I will say you that try to just break it open. And if you see there on the drive there you will get that it is not having the screws, I have , just locking hooks. Don't be afraid to use some force, it's a heck of a tough box, actually ragid design. Now, after this I will say you to removed all screws I could think of, but the HDD does not come out. but here while doing this all things do not want to use force on, this Is because I can rip the whole PCB out.

Oh, I tried with that and after that I found that it was very easy to open that drive. Before it, I was thinking that removing this like this will make any type of the break in the drive for that reason I was not opening that.

For getting resolve this problem, I have also contacted with the Seagate Tech Support and they replied for my problem but there also I get that the suggestion is not working for me. Any other suggestion for me. But here I would like to say that I have not supposed to replace the drive because it is having the person images and for that I am no having the backup.

For that I have the steps which is as followed:

• Disconnect power and Ethernet cables
    • If you read from the beginning of my post, I just used brutal (but reasonable) force to crack it open. If you're not prepared to do this.
    • Pull the failed HDD out
    • Buy a new HDD
    • Slide the new HDD in
    • Connect power and Ethernet cables
    • The NAS will format the drive itself
    • After this log in.
    • Go through the rest of the shares and users setup

Hey dude, thanks for suggesting me about this. I tried with that all and after that I found that this all is really working for me to open the drive, but after this I found that there is no solution after doing this also. And now I have decided that I will go for the replacement for that. And I am sure that replacement will help me to get resolve my problem.

A friend, I also recently get the new Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 and after working few weeks I get that my Seagate BlackArmor NAS 110 is stopped working and in this cause I am sure that this is due to failure of the drive which this is having. And after searching about the suggestion on that cause I came on this forum because here also I found the related problem over here. And I get the steps for replacing the hard drive is there,. But after following the steps I get that this is not working in my cause. So, can anyone suggest me any other suggestion in this cause?