Thread: Unable to delete SMS from Nokia C3-00 after firmware up-gradation

Unable to delete SMS from Nokia C3-00 after firmware up-gradation

Nokia C3-00 is the cell phone that is currently used by me. Nokia C3-00 is a cell phone with many useful features and I have being using it for a long time and found it very helpful at several times. I never faced any problems before I installed latest Nokia firmware (08.63) on my Nokia C3 using Nokia Ovi suite. After I installed the Nokia firmware (08.63) and restored my contacts using Ovi suite suddenly 6 empty messages appeared in my inbox that cannot be deleted. On attempt to delete them I get error message saying "Error occurred. Deletion not completed”. I am not able to solve this problem. What can I do in order to get rid of them?

Re: Unable to delete SMS from Nokia C3-00 after firmware up-gradation

I read your post, this is the problem faced by many people using this cell phone. I would like to help you out in this problem. As you know after installing Nokia Firmware (08.63) all the Java Apps (.jar and .jad files) are not supported. You cannot choose particular set of messages from your Inbox to delete as it lacks marking facility. One solution to delete the empty messages would be that first take the backup of all important contacts and messages in your sim and then move all empty messages to phone memory and through settings try to clear the phone memory. This solution will delete the empty messages as well as the remaining messages and contacts in the phone memory.

The problem you are facing is common with many people. There are very few solution for it. This is the bug in Nokia C3-00. If you want to get rid of it you will have to visit the Nokia Gallery or service center and tell about the problems after upgrading Firmware. The employee present over there will definitely help you out in this problem so that your cell phone operates without any problems.

Nokia C3-00 is a smart phone with many features. It has very few bugs in it. One of the bug is the problem that you are facing with Nokia C3-00. To solve this problem I advise you to do Soft Reset of Nokia C3-00. Soft Reset will clear pending errors and bring your mobile to an initial state by restoring Factory setting. To operate this function on your mobile, the shortcut is:*#7380#. This function apparently works on almost all Nokia mobile phones.

hi

i have faced the similar problem with upgrading the 08.63..i have deleted all the messeges except those emty ones and restarted the 4n but still not work....please help me if somebody knows what i have to do....

hi

i have solved this problem with following steps

1)i have taken backup to my memory card (all contact, messages, and gallery files if you wish you can take only important data as per you wish by marking and un-marking.remember to include messages)

2) then i reset 4n to factory setting this will erase all the personal data

3) the i restore backup where i backed up previously using restore backup option of the 4n

4) then all the empty messages will be deleted...

Thank you everyone for sharing your experience and your precious information with all of us. But according to me if nothing seems to be working for anyone with this issue, then you should probably contact Nokia Care Centre and submit your devices to their technical staff thus allowing them to solve your problem in your mobile. Make sure that you have taken back up of all your important data before you submit your mobile, because after repairing you will lost all the data from your mobile.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I also face this problem after i update my firmware but i have solve this problem. Now I would like to share with you and to others. Follow the directions carefully,

1. Go to Settings>Sync and backup>Create backup(backup in memory card)>check mark only Messages( Uncheck other) then Done.

Then Go to memory card> Backup files>Restore

Before this you may clear your every data from memory card.

Its work 100% to me

ThumbsUp Re: Unable to delete SMS from Nokia C3-00 after firmware up-gradation

HEy guys the the post made by "cwellage" works 100%.

I tried it worked folks

thanks , thanks a lot cwellage

This works perfectly for me.. Thanks brother...

Quote Originally Posted by Efskhie View Post
    Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I also face this problem after i update my firmware but i have solve this problem. Now I would like to share with you and to others. Follow the directions carefully,

1. Go to Settings>Sync and backup>Create backup(backup in memory card)>check mark only Messages( Uncheck other) then Done.

Then Go to memory card> Backup files>Restore

Before this you may clear your every data from memory card.

Its work 100% to me

to dear cwellage.
    u r awesome man.actually i've a nokia c3 and i'm tired of the stupid bugs in it.i'hd the same problem in inbox (6 empty messages) and sent items (2 empty messages) but after reading ur post i go for it and i found the change in my c3
    thank u very much man
    u rocks

thanks a bunch cwellage it worked ...

The same thing happened to me when I upgraded the firmware! I have tried resetting my setting over and over again!

I was excited to try Althaf's suggestion, but I do not have an external memory card for this phone....is there an alternative solution?

Thanks!

2 cwellage...What is 4n?

Quote Originally Posted by diggi7 View Post
    The same thing happened to me when I upgraded the firmware! I have tried resetting my setting over and over again!

I was excited to try Althaf's suggestion, but I do not have an external memory card for this phone....is there an alternative solution?
    Well, there is one more way to do that but it will move all your messages to Draft folder instead of inbox. Will it be ok for you ?? If yes, you can do that with Nokia PC Suite (not sure will do with OVi Suite). Connect the phone with PC Suite, take backup of every thing EXCEPT messages. Once backup is done, Click Meesage Icon on PC suite, Copy (Ctrl+C) all messages to any folder on your HDD, and FORMAT the complete Phone.

Once you done with that, restore your back up and about messages, move/copy just selected message which you want from the folder to phone (it will go in Drafts only, no inbox).

Quote Originally Posted by diggi7 View Post
    2 cwellage...What is 4n?
    It is Shortcut of Phone (4n)

thnx buddy... tis error sucks me a lot.. finally u gave right solution.. thnx a lot dude..