Thread: Seagate GoFlex Satellite: Wireless Network Capability

Seagate GoFlex Satellite: Wireless Network Capability

I came here to know some suggestion on the Wireless Network Capability of the Seagate GoFlex Satellite. In addition, the question is shown as below:
    1. GoFlex Satellite can stream at the maximum of 10 MB/second. Will this statement is correct or not?
    2. I have seen in the user manual that the limit number of devices is three So is that true the GF Satellite uses peer-to-peer wireless network connections to serve data to the 3 devices. Is this true?

In addition, I have read somewhere that the new upgrade to the Seagate GoFlex Satellite will Seagate GoFlex Satellite. Is this also true? Give the comment for this all suggestion.

Re: Seagate GoFlex Satellite: Wireless Network Capability

Yes, for the first question, I will say that this will capable of streaming in HD upto the 10 MB per second but here for that also there is some reason for that using that. And that is some devices may not support High Definition formatted videos.

Here I will say you that give permission me toss in incredible about that 10 Megabits/second thing. Here in the Seagate tech support labs and interior testing, we've been able to make HD movies stream to tablets and such with no trouble. It worked just very well. the HD movie has to be in a arrangement support by the tablet and the app playing it. But in terms of raw transport rate, getting the Satellite to stream at least 1 HD movie, that should be very well and we've seen it work in our own real-world difficult.

I think that GoFlex Satellite creates a split Wi-Fi network that up to 3 devices can join. The GoFlex Satellite will execute the network setup mechanically once the device like tablet and smart phone. so for that reason I can say you that while working it looks like the wireless router, as it has its own SSID and it mechanically issues IP addresses to devices that join its network. We are looking into the ability of having the GoFlex Satellite join an accessible Wi-Fi network, but that would be in a outlook firmware update after we have finished more examination.

I can say here in your cause that conducting up to three simultaneous users is too good idea. However, it seems only one can stream HD video at a time. The three simultaneous users would be more like three non-HD videos, maybe, or two videos and music, or something. So is there any firmware file available so we can cold flash the GF Sat when something goes incorrect.

Your cause looks like that wireless network router inside the box is having with some capability still disable. In addition, for fixing this I think that you will need to go for the firmware update. HD streaming with 10Mbs max rate is adequate for low bit rate HD videos. However, it will not be enough for higher bit rate HD videos. Not to pick on Seagate, but I think this is something being omitted in the product description. And also I can say that conducting the three concurrent users is good. But it seems only one can stream HD video at a time.

Thanks friends, here after seeing all the suggestion I have decided to wait until the FW is available My knowledge with the Seagate Theater+ tells me it will be struggle when things go wrong and we can't cold flash the firmware.

Hello all, here I am having one question before doing for the buying the new Seagate GoFlex Satellite and that is: it feasible to change the configuration of the wireless GoFlex Satellite Mobile? and also tell me that which one will be put together in my network.? Please reply me about the answer about this. This is because I have also decided to take the new Seagate GoFlex Satellite device.

but here I am not getting that how you can say that your problem get resolve after following the steps which are here in the above posts. Because I am also having this Seagate GoFlex Satellite and I also suffering from the network Capability problem. For that I have also visited on the so many of the other forums for that and there I found no suggestion on this. But after coming here I came to know that you are also facing the same problem and you get resolve your problem after following the suggestion over here. But after trying with the above suggestion I can say here that this is not working in my cause. Can you please reply me for this that how can you get resolve your problem?

I managed to get my Satellite to join an existing WiFi network and I am able to stream movies via my media player, iPad and a Mac. All at the same time. Thanks to the guys who hacked it at hack seagate satellite dot com. I paid for the modified firmware and it works like a charm.