Thread: How to upgrade files of Macbook Air with Snow Leopard to Macbook Pro with Lion

How to upgrade files of Macbook Air with Snow Leopard to Macbook Pro with Lion

I am currently a Macbook Air using the latest version of Snow Leopard. I'm upgrading to a Macbook Pro with Lion. Is there any way to make a full system restore to get my files ending in my Macbook air again? If so, what is the easiest way to do it?

Re: How to upgrade files of Macbook Air with Snow Leopard to Macbook Pro with Lion

In the sense that all data in embedded applications, like Mail and Safari are going to migrate, although, of course, I personally cannot guarantee that nothing will go wrong. What I can guarantee is that no reverse migration. The only way to return from 10.7 to 10.6 is to restore a backup made before upgrading. So do not upgrade a production system unless you have made a final decision to proceed.

There is also no guarantee that the third (i.e. non-Apple) software is compatible with the lion. You need to do their own investigation.

Re: How to upgrade files of Macbook Air with Snow Leopard to Macbook Pro with Lion

Okay. So you're saying I have to upgrade my Macbook Air to Lion before the transfer of data to the new-fangled Macbook Pro? I have a backup of my air (which is running Snow Leopard) that I had hoped to use to transfer to my new Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliana View Post
    Okay. So you're saying I have to upgrade my Macbook Air to Lion before the transfer of data to the new-fangled Macbook Pro? I have a backup of my air (which is running Snow Leopard) that I had hoped to use to transfer to my new Pro
    No, this is not necessary unless you want to use to test the compatibility of their applications.