Thread: Asus K43SV windows 7 recovery CD

Asus K43SV windows 7 recovery CD

This is for all the owners of Asus K43SV. It was given that there will be one recovery partition and that is standard for most of the notebook now but there is no such CD. Do you have any suggestion that what should I do now?

re: Asus K43SV windows 7 recovery CD

I would like to tell you that when you start your computer for the first time then it will prompt you that whether you wish to create your own recovery discs. You can select the choice whatever you wish to do. This will take up around four DVD discs for this.

The best thing that you can do for this is to contact the Asus support and ask them about the same. They will tell you that what is the best method to get this resolved.

If you are referring to after you run the Microsoft Word application and it request for a product key, you ought to buy the full product key intended for the version of the Microsoft Office 2010 which will provide you the full suites for the application. Your laptop is preloaded through the Microsoft Office Starter 2010 that you can utilize for the Office as well as Excel 2010 only if you do not encompass the Full version product key. But you be able to view Microsoft Powerpoint files if you encompass one but there is no Microsoft Powerpoint meant for Starter 2010 edition. I hope that this will be helpful to understand some of your doubts.

You don’t know about this but I can tell you that there is one recovery partition of about 25GB. If you want then you can also verify that from the e-manual about the steps that you need to follow in order to recover from there.

You must click on the F9 button before you enter to the windows 7 startup screen and this will let you to the factory recovery mode and that will allow you make use of the concealed 25GB partition installation. If you do that then this can take around one hour to complete the recovery and by that time, it might also take some reboots and will finish the installation. Make sure that you do not restart your computer while by the time of the process. My system was damaged as I was trying to install the Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit on my computer (Dual Boot) and that fails. So I finally decided to have the factory reset of this.

ASUS is with a genuine system and they do not undermine the hidden partition, a key recovery can be used, Press F9 to start according to the prompts on it, C drive files all gone. There are other divisions of the file (do not select the last item, Restore to factory default two district) on it.