Thread: Some feature got closed in Boxee box Media Streamer

Some feature got closed in Boxee box Media Streamer

I have heard that the Skype for Boxee have been closed. It is hard to believe I don’t know why it happened so. I have heard that there was a crack down on JIRA policy in order to remove the entire feature request and use it as a bug tracker. I think that they will never be coming to the box .I have came across some post where they have said that the work is in progress and they will be releasing it soon. What do you all think about this? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

re: Some feature got closed in Boxee box Media Streamer

Yes even I have heard that some items are in work and that’s why they have closed it in order to release those items. I think that it might be because of the latter as some sources say that they have employed some UI designer. So I think that they will come up with it soon. I will also like to share that I have previously contacted the Boxee people and I got a revert back which says that the they have forwarded my feedback to the Boxee Product Management but the issue won’t be fixed for now and they will reevaluate it later .I just hope they really do so.

I am having problem with the following problem with the functionality:
    I don’t know why I am skipping to the nearest minute and it is really very
    • inconvenient as well
    • The functionality are also hidden

I was using the Philips BDP7500 BluRay player as a media player previously because it was not supporting NTFS but just the FAT32 and because of this I am not able to play the large mkv files and in order to play them I have to split them.

I remember that the BDP7500 had a very good feature. Where it had a Time Search option where it provided us with an option to graphically select the time point in order to go in to the video. It had a time stamp in hh:mm:ss where we can navigate around using the up and down to set the requested time point and then it will move to the point to which it was set where as with the Boxee we have to enter the HH and MM values in the given time and if not then the time skip is cancelled. I just wish that there would have been an easier method to enter the time stamp and which would have made the time skip function prominent to use.

Even I have got the same message which says the following:
    “Thanks for your information and I have forwarded your feedback to the Boxee Product Management. The issue is closed as Incomplete and the issue won’t be fixed now and they will reevaluate later and they also mentioned that the they are using JIRA just for the Bug reports and in order to improve the existing features as well”.
    I really think that cleaning up the Jira and getting the feature request will be really a good option as the issue has already taken a long time and it should be closed now and the other 'feature request' should be implemented soon.

I have found a lot of issues that have been closed recently and it appears to be counterproductive in order to close them with messages. I have found that following issues have been improved:
    • Now there is difference between the Watched and Unwatched
    • They have added some buttons in order to display more details from the local media
    • They have improve the time search/skip function as well

All this really makes me think that they are working to clear the feature requests and they are focusing on the big as well.

There might have been some policy that have been changed by the Boxee team but then closing the Skype request ticket is still a bug. I don’t know that why they have not yet responded the PushState not working in Boxee .I have also found that they have not been responding to basic requests and they don’t even provide a good explanation for why they have closed the tickets and they have not provided any kind of resolution to the PushState which was really a major bug. I think that the Boxee should really get serious about this and they should work on it with their development community and respond and give an explanation to all the existing issues.

I personally don’t think that they will think of changing their attitude and from now I will really not recommend any one to use the Boxee jira as well unless they really get serious and give a end to the jira bugs and requests that are at halt. If the team don’t act on it and if they keep it pending then the developer will not waste their time on development team that is not ready to give their time and support in order to resolve the problems with the applications. I am really expecting an answer that why have the closed the tickets and why are they not looking after the major bugs and are coming up with a solution for it.

I don’t have any problem with the "hidden" aspect but then I think that the granularity should be there .I think that pressing the alt key in order to access the numbers is not a good option .I have also found that while typing if we take a pause then the entire entry is discarded and the osd is removed so t think that hh:mm:ss format will be good and the input time should be doubled and translate the related Alpha key to its numeric value for eg "Q" = "1", "W" = "2" and so on.