Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Import my Old versions of collections to Kindle 3 from PC

Portable Devices

Old 17-10-2011

Import my Old versions of collections to Kindle 3 from PC

I made 6 collections on Kindle for PC then afterward imported them to my Kindle, but I didn't realize that when I utilized the collections sort emphasize on the encourage home page that it could sort by just utilized and not by in sequential order. I rapidly resolved (with the assistance of google) that putting unique elements in front of my collections and afterward sorting by title on the home page is the best equipped gameplan to get the collections in the research I need. It came around to taking me a few attempts of renaming the collections on Kindle for PC then afterward importing to my Kindle to get the collections in the careful research I needed when sorting by title on the home page. At the same time here is where my situation goes in.

Old 17-10-2011

Re: Import my Old versions of collections to Kindle 3 from PC

Same situation with me, when I import my collections from Kindle for PC to my Kindle, it is importing the collections I have posted in Kindle for PC as it need to, but it is ALSO importing collections with the names that I had at one time utilized before I had the sorting research resolved.
Old 17-10-2011

I constructed a collection called #To Be Read, and after that I wound up updating it to # Fic: To Be Read, then afterward I renamed it again to # Books to Be Read. Just the latest rename (# Books To Be Read) is demonstrating in Kindle for PC, yet each of the several are being imported made into my Kindle. (I in all probability might as well note that the a few collections with the old names demonstrate 0 articles on the fuel, while the accumulation with the freshest name has all the right books kept company with it.) This is incident for numerous diverse collections that I renamed some times before settling on the irrevocable name. I've attempted living out and erasing the old named collections from the Kindle, but the following time I import collections from the PC project, those collections with the old names are back again.
Old 17-10-2011

I know this is sort of a disappointing situation, but I just don't grasp to any detectable degree why its incident, or what I'm doing wrong. Since any individual has a thought of what's going on, or of how I am able to alter this issue, I'd treasure it to such an extent.
Old 17-10-2011

I surmise it is since collections are a moderately unique thing on KforPC most people, for instance me, have just transported in their collections the alternate course around-INTO KforPC, so I've never become aware of this situation ever.
Old 17-10-2011

The just thing I could probably suggest, assuming that you haven't at present attempted it, is whenever you update a collection name in Kindle for PC, before you import it to your new Kindle, do match up and reconnoiter Kindle for PC and in addition retreat the project. This might as well verify that Amazon has the most cutting edge accumulation names from Kindle for PC. In the Games that it doesn't help, I should concede I'm at a misfortune.
Old 17-10-2011

I've attempted adjusting on both devices, but it doesn't update anything. I even went the extent that uninstalling/reinstalling Kindle for PC, and likewise resetting my Kindle to processing factory settings but no alteration.
Old 17-10-2011

I manually deleted the sum total of my collections from both Kindle and K4PC, matched up each, and afterward composed a solitary unique collection on Kindle 4. I imported made to Kindle, and much to my irritation, the new collection was imported as well as ALL of the old collections I had deleted.
Old 20-10-2011

I'm a bit hesitant to call Customer Service, on the grounds that this is quite a peculiar difficult to describe issue. Notwithstanding I did send off a message to CS a few minutes ago it wasn't even throughout the entire that but it took me without a doubt 20 minutes to compose simply for the reason that its quite a hard issue to clarify in a understandable way. Hopefully they'll have a plan.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,