Thread: Windows 8 touch input not working in Acer W500

Windows 8 touch input not working in Acer W500

I have just got the Acer W500 which is running with Windows 8 developer preview for the testing purpose. But now I am getting issues with the Metro UI as well as touch input. While the whole thing appears to work, I cannot obtain the touch plus hold aspects to work. Consequently I cannot unpin, add tiles, and so on... While I carry out a lengthy hold, not anything happens. While I connect Bluetooth mouse, I can carry out each and every one of the additional actions through a right click. What do you suggest?

Re: Windows 8 touch input not working in Acer W500

The Developer Preview is now only on an x86 processor, so you need a tablet with a CPU from Intel or AMD. Also you need for the 32-bit version at least 1GB RAM and 16GB storage, and for the 64-bit version 2GB of RAM and 20GB memory. So you can properly use Windows 8 with a touchscreen, it also needs a capacitive touchscreen with multitouch. So if you have an old Windows 7 tablet with a resistive touch screen is still not able to enjoy the new touch features coming.

It seems to me like a Sensitivity settings. It sounds similar to the display is taking excessively stretched to report. I'm assuming except I memorize a comparable trouble in utilzing my onscreen keyboard. I expect the scheme helps.

By creating Windows 7 (with few skills "touch"), Microsoft realized that the existing interface of Windows must not these fresh uses for the nearly all tactile. With Surface, Windows Phone 7, Kinect, Microsoft has experimented and developed new ergonomic concepts based on a new gesture. The choice came down to Microsoft is to choose a new system or re-imagine reinventing the Windows system and interface.

Not long for Windows 8! No. Lie. But it is certain that the obvious lack increasingly becoming less and expectations of the days up to dangerous levels. For example, it has been known for rumors and leaks quite how they might be some details of the design of the new Windows and this is what I have tried to emulate applications such as Mosaic 8 Edition. This time you can take your system to the future based interface Windows 8 in Windows 7, mimicking the format and some of the most characteristic features of his new course design.

I've now dug up my Windows Developer Preview 8 is touch and sound but not the g sensor is small and few other things but find Windows Developer Preview 8 class already

In Mosaic Edition Windows 8 movements of this screen are already beginning to feel streamlined, as you can relocate smoothly aggregates the different icons as well as use a second desktop by clicking and dragging the screen to your left. This is in full screen mode, but if you detach the bottom of Mosaic and use your desktop as a base, you must go to Options and uncheck Enable FullScreen Mode. To remove icons from the Desktop, right-click and remove. Or you can drag it to the bottom of the screen where you hide the Recycle Bin.

The new "Start Screen" Windows 8, though it is designed for touch, can also be used with a mouse and keyboard typing any term in the initial screen, the operating system will immediately find the information of interest (for example, the application you want to boot). Should there be any problems with existing programs. If an application is not adjusted to "Windows 8", it starts in the classic mode with task-bar and the like such as in Windows 7.

That if the interface has looked great but if you really going to put it in tablets and I think they will need large requirements, plus it does not end in view sense to use that interface on a desktop computer.

Will have to see where it shoots.