Thread: Kindle Fire has QWERTY keypad but does it support external keyboard

Kindle Fire has QWERTY keypad but does it support external keyboard

Now I know this kindle Fire has the QWERTY keypad though I am not sure as personally I never checked it but I am sure it does have it with the touch screen but I want to know can you join a separate keyboard to the Fire for easier typing of emails. If it has this facility then I would be really happy does anyone here know that facility available I would be glad to know

Re: Kindle Fire has QWERTY keypad but does it support external keyboard

In the video on the product page, is QWERTY. Do not think it has USB ports, so I'm assuming that not what the keyboard, you will get used to write pretty fast on it, but after a while. But based on the promotional videos and photos is QWERTY From what I've heard that there is no way to use an external keyboard with your device. No USB port or Bluetooth connection.

Even though who knows what will in future models. Who can make out? Within a few years, which could yet have a voice to text interface, which fire only talk to your Kindle, and the words appear on the screen automatically LOL

The Kindle and Kindle Touch Mini say the same. I believe that 'port' is where you connect the USB cable to connect your computer into an outlet or power. As such, the Kindle or the fire is treated as a peripheral to a central computer. But I do not think it works in repeal where the Kindle might be the host and the other may be a peripheral device. In fact, the specifications specify a micro-B connector to the end that plugs into the fire has to be the micro-B, no USB so that's what you need to connect a keyboard.

I am very happy to know that the fire will have a QWERTY keyboard like the ABC is very difficult to write. That's one of the main reasons I'm looking to pick up a fire. I like being able to leave notes in my books and writing in the ABC keyboard takes too long. Although I will say this: I have a Droid X that runs Android and self-correction in it's horrible. I used the iPhone and the iPhone's autocorrect prefer the Android operating system. Hopefully, the fire screen will be easy to write in it will not be much problem. I do not expect to be writing novels about the fire, but emails, tweets and Facebook use.

It will be an onscreen keyboard like other tablets Android. Expectant, like other Android tablets, you should be able to switch keyboard. The Amazon Appstore aliasing as the application was free last week. Now that I've loaded on my GTablet, makes a big difference in being able to write quickly. My tablet has a 10 "screen - I think it would be even easier on a 7" Android keyboard is nice screen. Another SwiftKey Tablet X, which makes text prediction - that tries to predict the word you will write next. That lets you write on the touch screen go a lot faster because it does not have to write as options much. Multiple keyboard is one of the best features available on Android. You can try different keyboards to find what works best for you. Kindle the fire hopefully maintain that capability.

The existing keyboard provided on this device is quiet enough for the usage. I do not think that you are going to get more in that. Sometime I had noticed there are issues with keyboard. They made the device best for reading purpose only. For that you can try to work with stylus. It is easier to navigate with that device. Anyhow I thought Amazon might give any update on that but, still there is silence.

It is a ebook reader and the hardware is quiet low. The interface provided in that is just recommended for reading and basic surfing. The keyboard does not provide you full fledge support on navigation and controlling the page. I prefer to go with a keyboard support. The reason is that there is no external keyboard support nor there are anykind of products that come for that purpose.