Thread: How comfortable is Reading PDF files on Kindle Fire?

How comfortable is Reading PDF files on Kindle Fire?

Hi I was planning to buy this tablet pc which sells for $ 79. No the main purpose of have it is I use to read a lot of PDF files. I've read of people who have trouble with small text and font size and format of the poor. What do people think? I understand how PDF files are moved to the Kindle it appear easy. however are you happy with the format? Thanks to all who react on this issue

Re: How comfortable is Reading PDF files on Kindle Fire?

If you're talking to PDF format for normal letter size paper, I believe you'll be dissatisfied. The 6 "diagonal screen is restricted to really see the layout as designed. go to the screen, however may not be useful in a satisfactory size.

Of course, if the design is not a problem, you can convert a PDF file (if there is no copy protection) to the Kindle's native format. The results can also not be optimal if there are images or graphics, but it works well enough for clean text. It will never be ideal, however. Remember, PDF is an output format, not a creative format. It is designed to become, not change. Undecided

Actually my heart was stuck on the kindle so I am kind of require kindle however I was worried that the PDF presentation was not optimal as you give details very well. Perhaps I'll get one anyhow extremely attractive at this price be grateful for the response.

Never try to read PDF files on my Kindle, as it cannot alter the font size that is too tiny to read. by converting in to Mobi files them using Calibre and out quite well result I still finish up with a few numbers that should not be, but even though they can read. Depending on the design, I had less than stellar luck with converting PDF files to work on the Kindle in a readable form. Typically tend to put PDF files on the Nook Color if I have to have them on the road. I have a couple on my Kindle at all times RPG books, mostly .

I can not deal with small print that you mention. I would like to see what the Nook seems that PDF files. There are free software applications PDF conversion that could make the best format to convert PDF to Word and Kindle format, but seems to be a lot of trouble to go to school posters have convinced me that the PDF will not work as I had hoped. I guess he meant that the fire may be an unknown Kindle in this area of interest, because the PDF files have a place in my computer every day, constantly "print to PDF" and save PDF files they encounter online. Hence they often fall behind in my reading. That is the reason why the Kindle is expected to going to work for me.

Now I see that is not going to happen.

If you have a PDF of text, depending on the size of the original document. In a document of A4 or letter, most of the sources will be very small, and Kindle's ability to expand and navigate through the enlarged image on a page is quite brief. I have a lot of books I scan to PDF myself. The ones I want to read, but not worth OCRing I follow as image-based PDF files. I tried putting this type of PDF on the Kindle, but they are very vague and not really legible enough to be worthwhile. The Chinese have an engine firmware Duoke much more highly optimized PDF and I can read it there, but that is a bit above casual reading. For these reasons, I find myself avoiding putting on my K3 PDF and use the iPhone instead. Of course it is only an option for people who have both. But I personally would not recommend buying a Kindle, mainly for PDF files.

Fire can Kindle is a different story, however

I tried to read pdf files on my Kindle 3 screen the same size as the device of U.S. $ 79 and have not been satisfied for the reasons mentioned. One of my best friends and the guy who allowed me for the original Kindle is an air conditioning repairman, and for years toted around a Kindle DX to read manual air conditioning and heating in their work. He is very happy with the DX for this purpose. That was recently replaced by an Android tablet with a ten-inch screen, however, and read Kindle books on the table at lunch

I have a kindle3 and I also enjoy reading PDF files. The conversion to lite can be a hassle, however I have a method that works for me.
    If it's a website, such as Mises Daily, or any other type news page, which can turn the page through the "readability" that eliminates everything not related to the text. Then, print to PDF Creator

Now, whether the new pdf or actual pdf downloaded or created by any method you choose , to convert the file to k2pdfopt.exe, a program that I found suggested here actually. You can search on google

K2pdfopt gets rid of the spaces and headers and optimize the PDF to Kindle format. Save the file to your PC so you can see and compare with the original pdf.
    Copy and acceptable to conclude with a pdf that I can transfer my Kindle through my pc.Sounds like a lot but in reality, the method is fast and easy.

We hope that all makes sense. Good luck.

Yes, it really depends on the size of PDF document. If set to 6 "screen, it should work fine. If it is greater, will be a pretty bad experience death. If it's just text, you can probably reflux him. If you're like me and are working with academics PDF files articles in journals of tables, figures, etc, then most of them are a no go on a 6 "screen. For me, when working with such 8.5x11 "printing articles of if multiple columns or reading small fonts on my iPhone if a single column. I need the big screen scroll faster and functions zoom. Although if only PDFs of books with smaller pages, then it should work fine on the touch screen of the Kindle. Or if it's just plain text and can be reflux.

This was the first question I would ask. All other updates, facelifts and the new features like buttons , etc, are not as important as the ability to work with PDF documents to text. Well, looks like my prayers have been answered with the Kindle 4. Of course, if PDF is you're stuck with that. But if something is cut and paste from a website, you can make a text file instead of a PDF and I will read on the Kindle well. And a PDF of text all become so successful. In fact I think the current Adobe Reader has a feature to save as text. But still, there are a number of programs that will do the conversions, and some browser add-ons that become Kindle items and send in one step see some of the threads in the Tips, Tricks, Troubleshooting section of these forums.