Thread: Poor quality Kindle charger cable which deteriorating

Poor quality Kindle charger cable which deteriorating

I was about to charge my Kindle 2 and as soon as I plugged the charger Half an inch of the protective cap over the needle fell off, exposing the metal filaments inside. I looked closer and discovered that there were several cracks in the cable. No charge my Kindle often because I will not Whispernet, so the cable should not be depleted by overuse. I also take good care of my cables, even save them in a zippered care to protect them from dust. I think the plastic or rubber? Coating around the cable is falling apart because it is defective.

Has this occur to anybody, and if so, did Amazon swap the cable? I have not contacted them yet. Just wondering if I'm the only one with a wire of damage or, if this is a common problem.

re: Poor quality Kindle charger cable which deteriorating

The same thing was happened to me also and I can now say it’s a common problem or Kindles made in a particular batch I hear somewhere Amazon may change it if you call Kindle Customer Service , but I contain so many of those cables I didn't worried.

I don’t have this problem but began to be irregular if it is loaded or not. We had to move to make sure the charging light came on and then check that from time to time to ensure that remained. When I switched to another cable I had, everything was fine.

Mine fell apart too, since she was 2 years and had used a little good, I did not think to contact Kindle customer care just bought a few cheap cables in place. It is an unfortunate problem, weird. We also know that the power tastes terrible. Protective covering all came completely out of the connection of my K2. As had been two years since I bought it, not even thinking about contacting customer care, I just bought another.

No, this should not happen . You may still be able to contact customer care Kindle and explain what happened. Make sure you are talking to Kindle customer care, it is not only fair.

I bought extra magazines for my two K2 and K3. I had 3 out of 4 of my USB cables disintegrate over a period of 10 months of this year. I contacted CS Kindle and paid for a replacement at all times. Sent the entire wall unit load. Consequently, I have a bunch of wall chargers for use with two taps Kindle asked, they do not come with the wall adapter. customer care Kindle is the best!

if you find in a crunch, note that a lot of cell phones use a well-matched cable and charger, the word to look for is "micro USB". pleased Kindle customer care took care of you!

Re: Poor quality Kindle charger cable which deteriorating

Oh, that's good to know that I consideration the connection might have been owned. Blackberry age as my husband had a micro USB, I think. If you have not got rid of their cable BB, I'll have a backup! Blackberry wall charger is also perfect or you can use the charger for Droid X next to it. Almost never use the actual charging cable as I have so many micro Kindle USB cables and chargers all. Maybe I should leave the pit