Thread: Kindle Fire slider feels sticky and harder to slide

Kindle Fire slider feels sticky and harder to slide

It was ok when I was previously using it until two week ago it was suddenly became stick and little harder to move. Well I live in the southwest climate and just recently arrived on the east on rainy week. I stayed there for two week and my slider got sticky all the time I was there I was so worried that I was about to call customer services as I that the problem is getting worst day by day but yesterday when I return back home I notice that my slider was working fine it was like before very smoothed so my thought are that probably the humidity affected so if anyone else have the same sticky and harder to slide slider that the cause may be the humidity in the air correct me if I am wrong I am not sure thought

Re: Kindle Fire slider feels sticky and harder to slide

I was have the same problem a week ago and now it is working just fine again so far no problem so you say it because of humidity something to look forward to

My used to be very smooth however during after my journey to Japan, I've seen that is very muggy hard slides. Not a actual trouble because one time it is in works great, but the controller seems a little rigid. I think there is something that is dirt, dust, etc. that is stuck there and doing things unless slide smoothly, or the truth that I was packing my bag continuously large, heavy, and probably a good crowd number of times. As long as no worse, I'm fine with it, but definitely has not improved since he returned to his home.

I have the similar thing subsequent to two months use It didn't get any better over about two weeks hence I had no option but to call the customer care and I got my replacement . I won’t be worried if it was hard at the beginning and then losses a bit on the passage of time but it was so smooth in the begin and harder later made me little worried I was afraid it might be more get worst as the time passes I am glad that I got my device replaced I have even read somewhere that the switch got stuck completely

I am living in the dry climate condition and I have notice that even my slider being little bit sticky this week unexpectedly there was too much rain in our region and I guess if humidity is the cause of this defect then I will be waiting for the while before calling to the customer care

I am also on the same boat that everyone here is traveling. That issue of sticky switchers followed me too my kindle 3 I thought that it is the at the first that I it's a borderline design fault I live in Los Angeles and it's been awfully hot and dry ever since I received my K3 at the end of August. The sticky switch has been a difficult for most of that time. Though I did observe that it appear improved yesterday and today even as it was raining strangely , my occurrence was the precise conflicting of the actual poster.

dkbose Guest

I was one of the first batches to receive my Kindle 3 and after two weeks I began to sticky switch and things got worse in the next two weeks, to the point that I thought I had to request a replacement. I thought it might have been a matter of time humidity at the beginning thought that the switch is stuck because is expanded due to high temperatures. But then I started to play with when you slide the switch and that somehow fixed. Shortly after I took him to Houston, TX for a week-long trip and do not do it again ... so I decided that was not the temperature, probably a bit of dirt has clogged the switch. Maybe you could try what I did, although I'm not sure if that's what did the trick I took the left and right ends of the device, with the nails of my thumb and index finger, slide the switch to the right, while a little on the switch The strain is most evident in the far left to the right Or you could try to give the switch the thumbnail on the left side and a sort of out on the slide, almost as if trying to choose with your fingernail. I do not know if that makes any sense at all, sorry if it does not! But anyway I found that worked for me and after a week returned to normal.

Mine started acting sticky few days ago. It was always sticky for a few days, but it seems to be improving. Sticky Only about 1 / 3 of the time. This is the only problem I had with my K3 and I was one of the first to get one. As long as the K3 is still on and off with the switch that you can live with it is to be a little sticky at times. But after a while I abhor the only edition statement. I forgot that the way the case seems to be trapped around the frame instead of bolts in place, seems to be a magnet for cat hair trapped beneath the rear window. A different kind of control! A design error, of course, but a minor inconvenience, even with two cats in the house.

As mentioned in the previous, now had the opportunity to try this trick and that certainly seems to have helped! Thanks for the advice is not new to the original slip, no problems, but it's better than it was 5 minutes ago. We hope to work with him over the next few days will make it even better. I really hope so, because the stiffness slider touch wood has been the only problem I had with my K3 so far. I know that many people have had various problems, but mine has worked quite well. I do not want to send in a fair exchange for a sticky slider, knowing that I get in return may have any of the other problems were found. Unless it gets really bad that I'm keeping

I have one of those sticky switch was normal, then recently it has become a little sticky. It does not really bother me so I'll live with it unless it gets worse. But this morning, I wondered if you move the switch back and forth a lot to make it go smoother. So I threw it right 5 times quickly moves to the left a little slower than it used to. The screen saver blinked a few times and then I got a white screen with dot matrix text as shown

Code:
    The collection of information

Will restart when finished

Please wait ...
    And then after few minutes restarts and the only bad thing was that I had lost my place in the book I was reading I'm not particularly worried about it, more curious. What the hell happened? What data is being collected, and what to do with it (I looked and saw no new files on the Kindle, though hidden system folder)? Why was a departure from the source of the 70

Quote Originally Posted by Kork View Post
    As mentioned in the previous, now had the opportunity to try this trick and that certainly seems to have helped! Thanks for the advice is not new to the original slip, no problems, but it's better than it was 5 minutes ago. We hope to work with him over the next few days will make it even better. I really hope so, because the stiffness slider touch wood has been the only problem I had with my K3 so far. I know that many people have had various problems, but mine has worked quite well. I do not want to send in a fair exchange for a sticky slider, knowing that I get in return may have any of the other problems were found. Unless it gets really bad that I'm keeping
    I am very happy that worked for you too Sticky switch was also my only worry, so I struggled to settle on if I should return it. I did not want to return to my K3 with a relatively minor problem and will be replace by another with troubles maybe bigger! Yes, for me it's improved little by little every day and after a week stiffness disappeared. Keep it up and let me know how it goes!