Thread: How do amazon keep their pricing for their kindle fire model

How do amazon keep their pricing for their kindle fire model

I am just glad to see how do the Amazon guys keep the pricing of the kindle fire. I was amazed to see the prices of the different models when it was announced. How they can keep the price of the tablets at the very low price when compared to other tablets. I want to know how amazon gets the profit from the tab when they are giving the tab at very cheap rates. Do anyone know how they work out when It comes to keeping the price .

Re: How do amazon keep their pricing for their kindle fire model

I think it may be the marketing strategy to attract the customers to buy their tabletpc . this is just nothing but to give the competitions to their rivals in the market who have already gained their place. I think amazon employees must have thought that if the rates will be lower down which would help their tab selling rise. As people are always attracted to buying the products at the cheap rates or discounts . and I guess people would not mind having one or two features less in the tab but would really go buying the tab at less price.

It is nothing but as you have said just to give the competition to the rivals who have already coverd the market . providing with the cheap rates would profit in their selling

I am sure it is not because it is marketing strategy or something like that , but it because they are providing the tab with simple features rather then providing like ipad or Samsung galaxy tab. The amazon’s kindle fire comes with the very few features which are specially targeted for the ebook readers . does not come with the features like cameras and some good resolution and something more like that which cuts down the cost of the amazon kindle fire tab.

According to me as it is the ebook reader tab , they just make profits from the amazon store by selling the ebooks , comic books , magazines , newspaper and many more . I think this is the medium through which they gain their profits and not much buy selling in cheaper rates .

Yeh .. I totally agree with the guy above who have mentioned about the amazon making profits from the seeling of the ebooks and not by selling much in cheaper rates . as it is consider that the in US , amazon has somewhere around 54 % of total market of selling of ebooks where other who have the market share of ebooks selling are Barnes & Noble who hold the 26% and others are apple , kobo and many more while amazon in UK have the something around 75% of share in the market and growing fast in the european market . so I think the amazon dominates the market when it comes to the selling of the ebooks and other apps . so I guess it can make profits from the ebook market and don’t need to sell the tab and gain more profit.

It totally depends upon them what the price they should keep . in this we can't say or comment. but I would say that we should leave the price for them. let them decide and we should not put out head in it.