Thread: How to connect a mac os x lion system to boxee box smb

How to connect a mac os x lion system to boxee box smb

I am trying to connect my Macbook with Boxee Box SMB. Mac supports Samba file sharing. But I am unable to find the same on Mac OS X Lion. It is far more easier in Windows. I found Mac really complicated when you are trying to configure network on the same. I am not able to find the right settings through which I can share files through this on lan. Is there anyone who can help me to make it work.

Connect the same on your lan network. Then connect your mac system also on that. That will be easier for you to share files. I do not really think you will need any serious configuration here. Boxee supports all common network standard. Through boxee remote just go in the settings and see that it is properly configured or not. There are no manual stuff needed. You just have to connect and done.

My neighbor has a similar setup. He has connected his boxee on the wifi network. And the laptop is well connected with it. All you have to take care that both the things must be on the same lan network. Boxee is very simple to use. There are no complicated things in it. You just have to hook it and done. But still if this is not working then just reset the same to factory settings and then test back.