Thread: Hide feeds and applications missing from Boxee Box Media Streamer after update

Hide feeds and applications missing from Boxee Box Media Streamer after update

I am having a Boxee Box and after the new update I have found that the "hide feeds and applications that cannot be played in your location" is not anymore in the settings. I don’t know what has went wrong with it or the new update itself is like that. If it is like that only then why they have remove this option from the settings. As the boxee box was open I am able to access the application from the other web browser but I dint know what is the reason for removing the hide feeds and application. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

re: Hide feeds and applications missing from Boxee Box Media Streamer after update

Even I don’t know what the need was for doing was so and I think that by removing this feature they have really degraded the other feature of the Boxee Box.I think that now I should try out a Mac Mini and I have also found that there are a no of feeds which are available throughout the world and they don’t even need a VPN because it really make no sense to use the Boxee Box as they are cutting down the features of it in their updates. I have got the boxee box after a lot of research in order to VPN in and watch the movies I wanted but now after removing this feature it appears to be like the other set top box .

re: Hide feeds and applications missing from Boxee Box Media Streamer after update

I don’t remember the version number I am able to get the feed again as it was in the option unchecked. I am using a unblockus and I am not very sure of it makes any difference or not but then I have also heard that they have not yet brought the options back so I don’t know how come I am getting it but I really think that is should not break their contract obligations but somewhere I am I am happy that I am getting it.

I think that the VPN still works but then it is just a lazy programming if they are blocking the app that appears out of the region. I have heard that they have just made these changes temporarily and they will soon bring back network feeds again in their next update as they have found a no of user who has got the Boxee Box for especially for that purpose. I will like to share that I require a latter as they are not able to work through the VPN anymore. I was satisfied with the boxee box features that were introduced in the start but I do really not like the updates they are coming up with which is sometimes removing some good features and sometimes adding some weir features. I think that the Boxee people should really look after their updates.

Yes even I agree that it is really weird to take out the functionality that has been working fine for the user and they were satisfied with it as well. I really don’t know why they have done so and I have not yet found a proper explanation for the same from any officials as well. I have found that the overall feature is still good but they really need to work on their update I have heard that there was some kind of problem with the UK geolocation regarding the VPN and people have already filed a bug for it which is called as “search jira for: geolocation” I really wish that these are the temporary changes and will have the feed feature in their next update.

Previously I have been using the Hidemyass VPN and it was capable of working with everything such as computers, ipads2, pandora, Netflix, hulu and now on the boxee box the VPN server it is able to connect but then I am not able to see the applications and I am really finding it disappointing as I had got the boxee for running the Netflix but unfortunately it doesn’t work well. Let’s see what comes in the next update this time.