Thread: Acer Aspire 8930G charging / power port issue

Acer Aspire 8930G charging / power port issue

Hi Friends, I have issue with the power input plug. Whenever I plug the power cord into its left side plug I do not get the blue light which should come from the laptop normally when connected to power supply. Sometimes it shows the light but in-between it gets lost. Is there anyone who can give me solution for that? Please post the solution for it as early as possible. I am waiting for your response. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Re: Acer Aspire 8930G charging / power port issue

I think that the ground cable in your charging jack may be loose and therefore it is loosing the connection. My suggestion to you is send it for repairing and they will fix the issue. Don't try anything on yourself. You may create more problems for yourself.One of my friend was getting the same issue and he send it for repair and got the issue solved.

There may be problem with the charger you are using. Just try any other charger if possible for you and see whether it solves the issue or not. If this is not showing any problem then you should change the charger and bring a new one. This will fix the problem and if you are getting the same problem than it is the problem with the laptop and you can proceed to solution accordingly.

All you have to do is uninstall the Epower management software. Actually not the whole software but the part of the software which controls the charging and power savings stuff.This helped me when I was m,getting the problem. If Right click on the battery icon and you will be able to see the he program on the top of the list and you can manage it from there.

I tried every thing to get it fixed. I did all from software to hardware and not got the solution for it. Finally I did a clean installation of Windows 7 64bit and found that it runs much better then vista. I am not getting any problem from then. You can also do this but make it the last option to get it solved.Good Luck!!!

I think you must have the warranty card for that. Just see that whether it is in warranty period or not. If it is under warranty then you should not try anything from yourself. Just take to the shop from where you bought it. And if they are not able to help you then you can send it back to the manufacturer and they will definitely help you to get out of this. This will be the best option for you to get out of this.

My educated guess is that the power wire within the laptop fell off from the power jack. It happened twice in my case. The first time i brought the device to the service center, but they took about $10 for just soldering that wire back, a job which takes like 5 minutes and requires just steady hands and a soldering iron. So the next time it happened (a year after) i just did it myself.

This particular laptop model is really prone to this kind of defect, since the wires attached to the power jack get flexed every time you open or close the laptop lid. No wonder they fall off eventually. Looks like a construction flaw of the model to me.

Hope this info helps somebody =).

Quote Originally Posted by Semisonic View Post
    My educated guess is that the power wire within the laptop fell off from the power jack. It happened twice in my case. The first time i brought the device to the service center, but they took about $10 for just soldering that wire back, a job which takes like 5 minutes and requires just steady hands and a soldering iron. So the next time it happened (a year after) i just did it myself.

This particular laptop model is really prone to this kind of defect, since the wires attached to the power jack get flexed every time you open or close the laptop lid. No wonder they fall off eventually. Looks like a construction flaw of the model to me.

Hope this info helps somebody =).
    Can you please explain how to fix this? I'm not new to soldering, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at when I crack this thing open. I've already paid Acer to fix this once. I'd rather just do it myself this time.

Can you explain the process please?

Quote Originally Posted by dwsimms View Post
    Can you please explain how to fix this? I'm not new to soldering, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at when I crack this thing open. I've already paid Acer to fix this once. I'd rather just do it myself this time.

Can you explain the process please?
    If it's exactly the same issue that i've experienced, then you'll just see a wire that came off the power socket contact once you take off its cylindric plastic cover. You can't really miss it, because if the problem is there, you'll be seeing a stray wire moving back and forth when you turn your notebook lid.
    It might be a little difficult to solder it back with the original wire length, and i made it work by buying a little extra piece of wire (like 2-3 cm) and spliced it together with the wire end that fell off, then soldering the result to the power socket.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble fixing that thing =).