Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-10-2011

Expecting a new version of music player for Boxee Box

I have been separate for a while and I want your help to maintain updated .Do you identify it already BBOX team listen to its customers? Is there a good quality update previously for the music player in the BBOX allowing playlists without using other third party apps, decent sorting and casual playing functionality? I am very dissatisfied because those who decided to in fact to pay something in order to cover boxee in our living rooms permanently now don't contain essential local files playing capabilities that we used before paying .I don't wish for to enter into discussion about the boxee box business case...We require plain answers .Are they interested or not or should we previously tell our friends not to buy this...
Old 14-10-2011

re: Expecting a new version of music player for Boxee Box

Fine give permission them to attach the bigger issues primary HD audio, SMB, and Audio holdup at the beginning. These all will be supposed to have been fixed and working by 6 months since discharge, but we identify how players Boxee is breaking things that used to work, removing features and not supplying what is advertise on the box. They are small staff or they just don't care regarding what the customer wants, the possible is there if they only listen. They gave us an alpha product that immediately hit beta, still no close to occupied feature. I expect that they determination make a diverse view on team boxee.
Old 14-10-2011

If you want a fabulous music player device today, for that you to buy one dedicated to that task.Boxee, anyway of development time, will not at all an excellent as the existing music-based devices like Sonos and Squeezebox. Those devices have almost a decade of growth behind them and are still moving forward. Neither of them require a TV to be attached or turned on either and both can be controlled and browsed from other joined devices such as tablets, phones and computers, both with uncommitted apps and web browsers.
Old 14-10-2011

I like to contain the best probable products and I'm already there with audio via Squeezebox (I have 2 of them) and iPeng iOS app. I'm hopeful Boxee will continue to be that invention for video. Boxee needs to think on the bigger image at this point and frankly, that's video. Music on Boxee would be best present to third-intermediary apps completely. That way development can carry on mutually front without interfering.
Old 14-10-2011

For my opinion, that's only a possible approach if Boxee opens up the database so that music apps can contain direct access to scan music and not have to rely only on even more third-intermediary clarification (e.g. UPnP services, subsonic, other, etc). That or allow 3rd-party apps to have their own limited store of scanned media/metadata. And truthfully, it wouldn't take greatly to get the current music player up to snuff to meet the needs of the vast majority of users. I don't need (or even want) a Squeezebox solution -- its excess for my use. On the other hand, if Airplays ends up being a solid performer, I'd be okay with that too.
Old 14-10-2011

It was a great think that it would take a tremendous amount of work actually. Memorize that a group of public don't or didn't take it. Would be a lot of work to obtain the video playback to snuff for the majority people. But here we are. It's still strike and miss for a group of folks, and even though a lot of have no troubles with their practice pattern, the creation can use a marvelous amount of work .since like the majority of software and it's organic is ever growing. To effort and balance by means of music is maybe more than Boxee can handle. Even Apple hasn?t capable to do it fine (in a single product). Something is constantly going to suffer. Improved to have a Squeezebox-based app for Boxee - which is totally probable if someone wants to do it.
Old 14-10-2011

The issue with music is that the huge majority of consumers are already satisfied with their current solutions, which normally revolve around an iPod or iPhone. Airplay is absolutely the way to expand the Boxee product into their eco-system. Whichever iOS device can now also flow directly from an iTunes share, so it's easy to catch up a simple music system by adding up a dock with audio outputs to your obtainable stereo. For me, the base line is that Boxee needs abundance of love on the video part, so a lot can any time spent on music would be wasted IMO. Photo browsing/viewing also wants much expansion. And I think for this kind of product it?s much more important than music.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,