Thread: how to identify difference between the Blu-ray and DVD for movies in Boxee Box

how to identify difference between the Blu-ray and DVD for movies in Boxee Box

I am trying to get the answer from the when , I searched on the internet but not found the exact answer. my question is that how can I differentiate between the blu-ray and DVD from the movie list. Do anyone know about the steps to identify from this . if yes, then do share with me .

Re: how to identify difference between the Blu-ray and DVD for movies in Boxee Box

There are few steps what I do to identify between them . my movies list with the resolution, like Avatar 1080p.mkv . However, this might or might not be the good on the whole with the option as you may get too lengthy of a movie name or such. Thus, effecting that resolution information part to not be noticeable when you are about to click the file to play. Or there is another way to do this is keeping the separate folders for DVD and Blu-ray . for example you have root folder Movies inside that, so now what you have to do is just to make a a Blu-Ray folder and DVD folder. Now what you have to do is to click the file which you want to play, the address will be displaying like movies/DVD/Avatar.mkv and just from the "DVD" in the starting of the path name, and from this you could make out whether it is a DVD or Blu-ray .

Re: how to identify difference between the Blu-ray and DVD for movies in Boxee Box

The way I identify is just seeing the poster art better in addition of that having the real cover with Blu-ray Disc on it reduces the amount of the actual picture part. But I have a collection of DVDs and I can identify it's a DVD from the folder it's in. But my Blu-ray Disc labels are divided in different catogories like Animation, TV shows, movies .

You can follow up the same what I do for myself just to make your Blu-Ray label hunt easier and perhaps more steady. ensure out the website of the BR It's a immense site for BR info anyway, but they have good covers of the Blu-Ray for each movie. And the other way of doing this that you can make your own custom BR label for the whole thing that is totally in HD. Either you can even get them by searching from the internet or there is always a google for help you can try doing any of this for the movie name or with the BR cover, but according to you might end up with unpredictable looking label. So I opt to spend a little days making with the custom covers .This labels would be obtainable for those element which are authoritatively released.

I have a question in my mind regarding the the use of the box in my living room with the mkv films which is extended to hdd . now how I do add the Blu-Ray labels / covers

If you choose the Blu-Ray Disk labels then you are going to include some guide work before of you. As others have revealed, if you just want normal DVD work then use a scraper resembling to Media Center Master and make your output a .tbn file or a folder with the .jpg for each movie.