Thread: Time machine backup working super slow on Mac OS x lion

Time machine backup working super slow on Mac OS x lion

Hello friends, After a while the installation of backup Leon machine (not initial default is long) is about 40 minutes compared with about 5 minutes to Snow Leopard. Very irritating as it slows downward my system for so long. Any lend a hand, please tell me and also you have some other method to solve it then please tell me. So give me your suggestion and also solution to solve the problem. Thank you.

Re: Time machine backup working super slow on Mac OS x lion

I think it's due to the fact that it is the first initial backup of a lion instead of snow leopard ... give it some time, the speed should improve with the second backup ... let me know

Spotlight has finished indexing the entire units (see if there is a small dot on the icon to the right of the menu bar)? If not, that at least part of the problem. If you have done, try restarting your computer. I am having the same exact problem. But I realized that Time Machine is always backing up more than 30GB of data per hour. That is obviously not right; I do not change all that data over a period of one hour. With Snow Leopard backups every hour did not get the last data of 200 MB each.

That part is normal, if it detects more changes to the backup, there will be a second run - usually very small and fast. So you have to wait and get it done for you.

I also realized that Time Machine was backing up my mailbox database from my Gmail account (about 5 GB) each occasion you have a new email (I think Snow Leopard mail in just a backup each new message, if it did). of 5-7 GB (depending on what you did with the email), my "time" backups (wirelessly to a Time Capuse) were taking too long and slow my Mac Book Pro 2008. I had to keep out folders in the mailbox in the ~ / Library/Mail/V2 / time machine to get the backup back to a regular "size" and the program...

I was having the same problem. When I walked into a time machine to look at my history, I realized most of my previous cuts were not accessible. These were from the time before upgrading to Leon. He took me to say that TM is having problems León Bridge before and after backup? I decided to clean my TM and start again. Today so far my backups have returned to normal in time. Hope this helps!