Thread: After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion Mac Book Pro battery life has become worst

After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion Mac Book Pro battery life has become worst

Hello friends, after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion, my MacBook Pro battery life have been greatly affected. After 1.5 hours of luminosity web browsing, battery has existed reduced by 40% to 100% after charging all night. Spotlight indexing complete hard drive during the night and the laptop stay behind connected to the load. The fans seem to be working normally, not at a higher rate. Backlighting is 50% brightness. Any thoughts about it? Thank you.

Re: After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion Mac Book Pro battery life has become worst

Same for me. It has been doing since the mad installation. Everyone keep posting if you have this problem so Apple can view and configure a solution.

When an application is completed in Mac OS X Lion, all the things that always seem to happen: The little dot will disappear below the Dock icon of the application. The application resolve no longer come into view in the application switcher tab command, or control of the mission. For that reason conclude that this application process is over. A quick trip to the Activity Monitor application or "ps" command-line utility can discourage that thought. Lion assets the right to maintain an application process particularly if the user make a decision to re-launch. Upon restart, the application seems to start immediately, because you never actually terminated, but was removed just from all parts of the GUI normally occupied by the running applications. "Run these additional processes could explain the battery life poorer than some users are reporting Mac Book.

Good plan, but AppleCare took me through the activity monitor to make sure there was nothing out of control, and no. I will go on with to check to make sure that anything with a high CPU usage is draing battery today.

I went off to Starbucks for the day, therefore I'll be blogging / web browsing by means of Wi-Fi power and battery today. At 10:45 am, I had 100% battery power. It is now 11:15, and I have a 87%. I'm not using iTunes, and my screen is about 50% brightness. If you want to go ahead, I'll be tweeting something regularly. If the battery issues are, I'm right next to the Soho Apple store, so I could stop by and make you take a look as suggested by the AppleCare technician.

I noticed in my early 2011 MBP 15 "never the system uses the Intel HD 3000 graphics card. It is using the AMD card even when no application is running. So it could be a reason for reducing the battery. I experienced the same symptoms with battery life.

It depends on what programs you are running. I found that Skype is not yet known mod only runs on backround using the AMD card. When we quit, automatically switches to Intel Macbook. And since no one wrote on page gfxCardNotifier good solution to see which card is being used. Growl notification is also supported. Sorry, is gfxcardstatus. But also anywhere you see the same symptoms as you all. Leon Before upgrading my MacBook Pro 15 "2.2 late 2011's battery life was 8 hours with web browsing, Skype, AIM and ICQ online Adium, Mail Online. Now, Leon is five hours. So it's horrible because I bought Apple Macs with 8 hours battery now I have dedicated and expensive standard laptop.

I have my MBP sitting in front of me open. It began with 3:57 remaining battery time (down only after waking from sleep at night loaded). Speed Download Safari Only applications were open and I was not using - only shows the desktop screen. Twenty minutes went 2:01 remaining. He opened Activity Monitor and the only important process is shown in kernel_task mds 22% and ranging from 0 to 88%. I do not understand enough to know what that means, except to share what help can come from Apple for a fix!

As some others have suggested, try to catch gfxCardStatus 2.1. I was worried at first in the life of the battery he was receiving and began to dig into things. The launch of Chrome, Firefox, Keynote, or Skype caused a change in the discrete graphics card. I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro 15 "2.2GHz Core i7. Right now I'm working in InDesign CS4 (which curiously does not activate the change, however Illustrator and Photoshop do.) Word 2011, Safari, iTunes and works Full-screen mode on one side. With 40% of remaining battery power, it takes 3 hours of charging, on the other hand it fluctuate down depending on how a great deal to switch among Word and InDesign. colleuge that was having the same problem and was able to replicate the graphics problems connecting your MacBook and 2011 (2.0GHz i7 15 "). Not sure if this is an operational problem or an application, but I hope this is close to some people. I'm making life a little better battery with integrated graphics, the average when the lights and the discreet use of an application, a little less when the discrete graphics is under heavy load (World of Warcraft or Starcraft II).

I think this topic is about a lot of people need to keep reorganization so Apple sees it all to cope. And publish to websites dealing with Lion / news and everybody knows this is a problem that occurs more than a few.

I just called Apple Support and spoke to me through the restoration of energy manager, the battery seems fine now. I can give you the steps that the gentleman on the phone gave me, that presently may help.
    • Turn off the computer.
    • Hold down Ctrl + Shift + Option
    • While holding this button, press and hold the power button too.
    • Keep all the buttons of at least ten seconds.
    • The power back into the team.

For me it worked, I do not know how it will work for everyone else, but in my opinion the power immediately jumped to about 9:30 and 10 hours. That is two more hours of what began?