Thread: How do i get the dust out of HP Touchsmart IQ 816 case

How do i get the dust out of HP Touchsmart IQ 816 case

Hi, I have HP Touchsmart IQ 816 desktop PC and everything was perfectly but don’t know what exactly happened but whenever I run the machine it just get overheated and I am assuming as there is so much dust and dirt inside the machine which is causing this problem and because of that I am about to open the machine and clean the case. But I am not sure how can I open the case because the design is quite complicated than the usual machine, thus please let me know some exact procedure to do this, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How do i get the dust out of HP Touchsmart IQ 816 case

As you have mentioned that you are having problem with overheating so let me tell you as dust and dirt is surely one of the reason but still there are some different reasons as well that can cause such problem with the machine thus you should take care of your machine before it just damage any other hardware in your machine.

Make sure each and every other hardware is working perfectly, or have you ever changed or upgrade hardware ever in the machine? Because it can also cause problem if that newly installed hardware is not compatible with the machine.

Exactly I have the same opinion as the above user as you should make sure whether everything is working perfectly or not.

Apart from this make sure the drivers that you have installed in the machine is working perfectly or not and if you are not getting anything over here, then you can have option like you can reinstall all of them and see whether the same thing is happening or not?

And as far as dust is concern you should approach and expertise person over here rather than doing the same on your own.

you can visit the LINK mentioned as it contains name of different product and their Disassembly instructions.

- I am agree with the above user but still there is a PDF file as well from where you can have information to remove the back from the PC.
    You can download it from here itself.

- I would like to suggest you that you should try to visit the service center and let them do this for your machine because really the machine you are having has quite difficult design prior to open. And if you made any mistake or if suppose something went wrong then it will vanish everything, because all the parts are quite minor which can cause severe problem in your machine. And at that time the only option left would be to replace the hardware.