Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-10-2011

Unable to recognize the External Hard Drive in Boxee Box

Hello friends, I am not technically minded - so please bear with me ... I have an external hard drive that I connected to a power source connected to the USB port in Boxee - alas! And Oh! - The Boxee does not recognize. I connected the USB cable to my laptop and of course - not all content that appears on my computer. Why not recognize the EHE Boxee? Please help me. Thank you for the help you will provide me.
Old 13-10-2011

re: Unable to recognize the External Hard Drive in Boxee Box

This happens to me occasionally. Usually I can fix it, either: leave it idle for a while and then the device is mounted or leave the device turned on (if you use the AC adapter) and restart the Boxee Box.
Old 13-10-2011

I think I'm also experiencing this or have a problem with USB detected current stable firmware. The drive is an Iomega 1 TB USB3 hard ego Portable 2.5. I connected to my last night of boxing, and nothing. The power light on the hard drive turns on but is not detected. Is it because there is no support USB3? I know the hard drive is compatible with USB 2.
Old 13-10-2011

Could be the hard drive needs more power, then what the Boxee Box is providing? Some hard drives come with a single cable, but with 2 USB ports on it. Is primary and the other is for the hat little extra energy to rotate properly.
Old 13-10-2011

No, by no means worked, even though the cable has two USB connectors, as you say, an extra one for power, other than I've never had to use it on any PC or devices so far, so I tried it on and it does Boxee presently do not appear. Tell you what, though; I noticed that even presently plug up a connector; I can hear the drive spin total fine as it does on the computer connections. What is strange is this, when disconnecting the NTFS formatted hard disk USB3, the boxing shows ?Removable Disk independent?, that are how you know you are logged in, however, used to show or display which is attached for any reason. Then plug in another USB2 640GB 2.5 partitions and NTFS formatted disk and then displayed. That in turn also gives me the icon in the upper right to delete each partition of the USB device, which of course I can do successfully. Is it perhaps because I formatted with 64kb sectors on the disk of 1 TB USB3? Or that / should have nothing to do with it? Ok not remember that consideration, 64kb sectors have not anything to do with it what you just formatted default sectors and it is the same above.
Old 13-10-2011

Sometimes these little disks of 2.5 "portable power / USB really is not getting the proper amount of energy, as a previous reviewer said. This may be especially true if the USB cable is 3 feet long even. I only use 12 "or shorter cables discs now, never have the problem. With longer cables, it was hit or miss sometimes. Sometimes you can quietly listen to the album by clicking b / c not doing the right juice to spin up. Anyway, just adding another idea, I hope you fixed it.
Old 14-10-2011

Re: Unable to recognize the External Hard Drive in Boxee Box

I suggest you go to the store and buy a USB hub (which uses the external power supply), so you get the power you need and if it at rest carry out not work then just hate Boxee Box hard drive.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,