Thread: Frequently rebooting printer after connected to Boxee Box

Frequently rebooting printer after connected to Boxee Box

So I now got a latest HP CM1415 laser printer and it reboots each three to four minutes. I've isolated the reason to the Boxee Box doing several sort of net scan/broadcast that the laser printer doesn't seem to hold correctly. I was able to see this running wire shark on my home net. While the Boxee is off all is well, but at the same time as it's on or in sleep mode the boxee is continuously scanning the network.

Re: Frequently rebooting printer after connected to Boxee Box

I think box file need to maintain a bug report file with HP. And the printer is not believed to reboot with an any type of network packet. Probably a bug on the network level of the printer too. (Some kind of buffer spread out or something). The Boxee maybe is transfer lots of packets, except that's typical on a network. If the printer cannot handle a device that advertises or scans the network normally, then the printer's at fault too.

The noise Boxee Box make on my network has caused me issue a few periods before. It stops a lot of my hardware from leaving into low power states, and while I once bring it to work it spammed the network so bad that its anti-malware get triggered and it lock up down the Ethernet port in my office. It is accurate that HP has a bug now, but ARP is normally not supposed to be wherever near this quiet. And the probability of HP issuing a firmware update for millions of printers to accommodate an uncommon media streamer that does amazing strange is not great.

The package I believe to be part of cause .There are also a lot of ARP "who has <IP>" broadcast query spew from the Boxee too which may play a part in this. The thing is casual to say the least. So is at hand any way to alter the actions of the boxee box to not do this? I looked in the net set and couldn’t find anything that completed a difference. I don't really need/want the Boxee scanning for samba shares all over my network constantly

We are there for any of work around for users having problems by means of Boxee spamming their interior networks? Can I rotate this "feature" off? Yikes. I've have issues with Boxee maintenance some of my hardware from leaving to low control state, but not anything rebooting. Please file bugs in Jira, it seems to be the most valuable way at getting traction.