Thread: Unable to connect LAN/Ethernet Boxee Box Media Streamer

Unable to connect LAN/Ethernet Boxee Box Media Streamer

I recently buy a Boxee box on Amazon.com and difficult to connect via LAN wired for the last couple of days. So far nothing of my attempts seems to work. I keep on receiving the messages 'An Ethernet cord is not plugged in' and while it observe that the Ethernet cord it give the message 'a cord Of Ethernet is plug in, but configuration failed. WIFI does work, but I want a stable LAN link to watch 1080P movies. I go my WIFI turned off).Also the Boxee box accept Ethernet indication, since I try it at a friend’s put and it connect to the Internet / his network directly away with no any bother. I think the difficulty lies in the design of my modem/router and have also tried to put in a still IP address, Gateway and DNS server. Also without any luck. It keeps saying 'Invalid IP address specified' when I do these.

re: Unable to connect LAN/Ethernet Boxee Box Media Streamer

PC & printer can attach no probs. Boxee can connect via WIFI, but not via Lan (which is the problem). My Boxee can attach to the internet when connected directly into the modems, Asus router connects to everything except the Boxee. Boxee can add to the whole thing excluding the Asus Router.

Presently a rapid not to express thanks you for all your help out/ and for your ideas. For a few strange causes my Boxee all of a sudden saw my network via Lan cable a couple of days ago and still does now. I just disconnected the whole thing (modem, router and Boxee) for the 15th time or so in four weeks and all of a sudden it worked.I don't know what happened, but am just happy it work.

What if you eliminate your modem from the equation? Just disconnect your boxee to the router and no internet. Do the boxees get a valid IP address from the routers dhcp server? If it doesn'after that yes the problem is your router. If it does get a valid IP address afterward the difficulty is the modem. Are you absolutely sure your modem is in connection mode and you don't include it running as a firewall liability double NAT to your LAN?

Try the whole lot now, but at rest no luck. I'm e-mailing with Boxee hold up, but they haven't got an idea either? I think it might not even be my router, but it's the modem form my Internet provider that causes the problem, since it won't connect directly via the modem either. They're disappearing to update the modems in the next four months as far as I've hear, so unless Boxee hold come with a solution, I just contain to wait and hope this new one will work.

With the great honor thanks I will look to the full duplex mode. And a have to figure out where to change this already where that u desire to back to default setting and updated to the firmware latest But it still it has no luck and send the report to support as wall Already go backside to non-payment settings and simplified to the latest firmware, but at rest no luck. Sent a Debug report to Boxee support as well.