Thread: HP Pavilion dv7-3173nr Startup error:Product Information Not Valid

HP Pavilion dv7-3173nr Startup error:Product Information Not Valid

I have just got HP Pavilion dv7-3173nr laptop. The HP Support Assistant made a group of updates, and currently I get error message everytime during the boot and the error is Product Information Not Valid. It is telling that the information which is programmed on top of the system board is missing otherwise invalid. After looking at HP website I got that it is the common issue with HP. For this I need to use the HP DMI editor tool in order to rewrite the information on top of the mother board. How?

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-3173nr Startup error:Product Information Not Valid

You know I have the same problem with win7 on my Compaq Presario CQ40. When I start the notebook appears carte HP when my notebook is Compaq apart in the BIOS information does not include data from the BIOS manufacturer, serial number, UUID number, the ID configuration. The computer comes standard with Vista HB and trying to use the recovery partition manager does not recognize that despite the recovery partition is intact.

The nice man from Microsoft told me that the manufacturers pre-install the operating system and use for something like a "Standard Product Key". Therefore, the "personal" Product Key will be enabled separately, which in my case was not made clear. But the nice man from Microsoft has explained everything to me wonderfully, and now everything is good.

If the problem persists it is likely that as you said before is a physical problem. So the recommendation is that you enter the page and look for a HP official representative of the brand for your region. For more you no longer have official guarantee, you should make you see it to attempt recovery of information.