Thread: Plantronics Bluetooth USB Adapter BUA-100 is not working.

Plantronics Bluetooth USB Adapter BUA-100 is not working.

From the first day when I get the new Plantronics Bluetooth USB Adapter BUA-100, I am having problem with this. And for resolving this I have also searched for the suggestion about this but never get the proper suggestion. I am here in the hope that someone will really help me here to get resolve my problem. My problem is, my Plantronics dongle (BUA100) on iMac 27" i7 is not working. And for that I have also tried with the other dongle but this is also not working with the iMac 27" i7. This is not pairing with the headset. Is there is any advice for this thing? If yes then please reply me back on the same forum.

Re: Plantronics Bluetooth USB Adapter BUA-100 is not working.

Here first tell me that, are you having the BUA100 or BUA200 or also you are having the Bluetooth headset as well? I am telling this because, the Apple iMac doesn't recognize the dongle, but here if you are having the built in Bluetooth, then with the help of this you can connect your headset with the iMac. Or else you have to look for the other Plantronics USB headsets, or you will need to check your dongle on the other computer to check that they are working fine or not?

Hi all, I am also having the same problem with me and for resolving this problem I have also tried with the using the three different dongle in my computer but they all are not working with my headphone. I can also see that, while I am trying to connect with the USB bus via system profiler at that time there is no flash on the dongle and system Prefs do not see the bluetooth for I/O. and when I tried with the same dongle on the other Mac systems at that time I see that they all are working with them. What can I do now? I am thinking that this is totally related with the dongle only. Please suggest me any other suggestion in this cause.

Not sure, but I think that there will be some problem related with the Plantronics USB headsets. I am telling this because you have also tried with using the dongle in the other system, and they are working there. So for getting resolve this problem I think that you will need to contact with the Technical Support Group, or else you can try with the replacing this one.

I am sure that my dongle lights up and this is working fine because I have checked this in the two different Macbook. And at the time when I was contacting with the Plantronics support, they told me that reconnect the dongle and then restart the system; they also told me that this will really worked in your system. They also told me that this problem is due to the power supplied by my iMac USB port, I tried with all the suggestion but nothing helped in my cause.

I am using Plantronics Calisto series headset and there I am having the similar problem with this. And in my cause the problem is that when I am trying to connect with the system at that time I get that it will only accept input from the BUA-100 dongle, and also this is not accepting the input from the directly connected with the iMac. What you will say about this? I was thinking that this problem was totally related with the dongle but now after using this headset I came to know that this was not related with the dongle this was related with system only. What can I do now in this cause?

I am not sure about the problem which you all are facing with you but here I can say that truly the problem is related with the system only not with the dongle which you are using. For that I will suggest you to check for the system setting and hope that this will really help in your cause. find out if there is any this type of the setting.